Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An open letter.  (Read 2329 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
An open letter.
« on: December 22, 2011, 07:31:20 pm »

An open letter to members and readers of this forum.
Many of you will also be readers of "Model Boats". As such, you will probably have seen a full page advertisement for "Clyde Model Boats" inwhich my name figures quite prominently.
I have received a few comments recently suggesting that I'm using some sort of "undue influence" here. Not true.
I sold all but one of my moulds and sets of plans in their entirety to "Clyde Model Boats" and therefore have no say or control over what is done with them. Nor do I gain any financial reward beyond what was paid to me on the original purchase.
The owner/buyer of the moulds asked me if I'd be willing to allow my name to be used as the original maker of the moulds in any future advertising. An act of kindness on his part. I agrred....it's rather nice to be remembered!
I hope that this clears the air, and that my name will still be used....even though I have no influence over what is produced under my name. Actually. I quite like it! Bryan Young.
Notes from a simple seaman

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: An open letter.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »

I certainly wouldn't worry about that Bryan, sit back and enjoy the plaudits.

Colin

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

there's nowt like a bit of glory to add to your name, Bryan, and you certainly deserve it, your hulls and moulds are beautiful.
neil.

mikearace

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »

If you built it revel in it!!

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:48:38 pm »

Like Colin has said Bryan, sit back and enjoy. It will be great to see models of your design on the club stands in the future. I agree 100% with Neil regarding your hulls and moulds.

Brian.

The long Build

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:15:55 pm »

Why should anyone be bothered about it to complain. ?..You made the hulls, you sold the hulls, Clyde models bought the hulls so who's elses business is it to moan.. %%

Talisman

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:31 pm »

Hi All,
If I were Branson or Sugar I might be cold enough to say that any advertising is good advertising…
I’m not and it bothers me that you have had to say publicly that you have been questioned Bryan.

So let the record show …

Everything Bryan has said is true. I have had the moulds re made by a professional Laminator to ensure the forthcoming products are up to scratch … that’s it from my side.

Bryan, I’d be honoured to continue using your name in association with your work… Credit where credit is due! Let the record show that if you are ever unhappy I will withdraw.

Now there you have it folks ... a public exchange which hopefully clears the air for Bryan.

Regards,
Kim MacLean

Clyde Model Boats

mikearace

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:46:22 pm »

I would have thought there was nothing to clear up. Its great that his skill is recognised.

Talisman

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »

I would have thought there was nothing to clear up. Its great that his skill is recognised.

You are right, there was nothing to clear up between Bryan and myself. But bothers me that others questioned him.
Regards,
Kim

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

You are right, there was nothing to clear up between Bryan and myself. But bothers me that others questioned him.

Unfortunately some people are like that, best to just ignore them.

Colin

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 07:27:09 am »

Hi Bryan, I am here in Maui 0n holiday but I could not let this pass without adding my two bits. Good luck with your sale, I am personally very happy that your skill will continue in the shape of your hulls being available to all. Thank you also for the help you have so freely offered to members of this forum.The sale of your property should be nobody's business but yours & the purchaser, end of discussion. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.