Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FA cup  (Read 2299 times)

wartsilaone

FA cup
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:31:00 pm »

Up The Cod Army. Neil should be happy.

Ali.

barryfoote

Re: FA cup
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:25:36 am »

WHO?????????

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:57:15 am »

"Cod army" I think wartsalone means Fleetwood town fc.....sadly I can't stand football in any form unless it's an oval ball...........but if they beat NORWICH CITY, THAT'S WHY MY SISTER HAS GONE QUIET ALL OF A SUDDEN,  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

richtea

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »

I've gone off professional football myself, with all the diving and trying to get a player sent off by rolling around as if  mortally wounded,
But how can you call egg chasing FOOTBALL ?
The only time the ball is kicked is to take a penalty or to boot the ball as far as you can into touch.
( posted with tongue firmly in cheek )
Regards
Richard  :-))

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »

"Cod army" I think wartsalone means Fleetwood town fc.....sadly I can't stand football in any form unless it's an oval ball...........but if they beat NORWICH CITY, THAT'S WHY MY SISTER HAS GONE QUIET ALL OF A SUDDEN,  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

no, my sister indignantly has told me that the "cod army" actually beat Wycombe in one ofthe early rounds of the FA cup yesterday at Fleetwood........shows how much I know......didn't know they were in a league( fleetwood town I mean) lol {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

wartsilaone

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:47 am »

I thought you might know who the Cod Army were Neil.                                                                                                                         It also had the feeling that you might have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watching a load kids kicking a bag of wind about a muddy field.  I with you, I'd rather be in the shed.

Ali.

nhp651

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:09 am »

I thought you might know who the Cod Army were Neil.                                                                                                                         It also had the feeling that you might have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watching a load kids kicking a bag of wind about a muddy field.  I with you, I'd rather be in the shed.

Ali.
you're right there Ali.would rather watch humbrol paint dry {-) {-) {-) {-)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 07:34:31 am »

Hi Neil, what are you building in the shed these days ?. when I was training at Weeton RAF base, I used to watch Blackpool play, Alan Ball was their star player back then, talk about dating myself. Mick B.
Mick B.

nhp651

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 07:52:37 am »

hi Mick..........building these at the mo.....one for my daughter and one for a charity in Guernsey...they are the only ambulance service in the UK to operate a boat as a full time ambulance.they say it's far quicker and very much cheaper to operate a boat to get to all the outlying islands that it is to scramble a helo in cases of emergencies.
this model is of the first boat they ever used in 1952. a more modern boat is now used.
see here:  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33776.msg334047#new

bit of a difference from the latest boat that they have. 25 knots and full paramedic capacity.

Yes......old Alan Ball...........sadly I have to admit to taking the preverbial out of him when he played for Liverpool FC because of his high octane speach pattern,when we were at college in Liverpool.......we used to go to the "Olde Rhone" pub on the outskirts of Aintree in Liverpool where he used to take a tipple or two, and sit there giggling like the immature school kids that we were..........had we probably got time to get to know him we might have found a much nicer person than we had been ourselves....a lesson learned for later life!! {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

jimmy2310

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 11:40:43 am »

Neil, wash your mouth out mate he used to play for Everton, you know the other team that play here in Liverpool.

Jimmy

nhp651

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:08:47 pm »

SORREEEEE!....yes, remember now.had it in the back of my mind when I said Liverpool, but always pick the wrong one when it's a fifty fifty, lol.

please forgive me all you "blues" {-) {-) {-) {-)

jimmy2310

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »

You're forgiven Neil, mind you he was a decent footballer for a blue.  {-)

Jimmy

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 06:44:21 pm »

He was not a very big guy but he had lots of skill & of course the RED hair, is he still alive.?.
Mick B.

mikearace

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »

Sadly passed away in 2007.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »

Thanks Mike, I am sad to hear that. Mick B.
Mick B.

dave301bounty

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 04:18:23 pm »

That Red crowd  ,just watch a truthfullaccount by a refferee, they should be in the sin bin for a good time now ,but then is this about a game ,,,a game ,,very similar to the Romans and the Colosseum the crowds beying for blood ,the lions and the Christians ,just the same ,only moved on a few hundred years ,some one must agree .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.