Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Lost for Words  (Read 2207 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
So Lost for Words
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:23:53 pm »

Hi Folks

I have no link to the charity site below but I want you to look

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/

I understand that people steal, even that some people steal from Charities;
but the charity above has had it's computers stolen and the facility torched.
I can't say here what I would like to do to the scum  <*< <*< <*<

'The Donna’s Dream House Charity in Blackpool is a locally based trust
providing free holiday experiences for children and teenagers with life-threatening
illnesses and their families, and for recently bereaved siblings their families.'

Please look at the link and if you can help there is a Paypal facility on the page.

Dave

wartsilaone

Re: So Lost for Words
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:22:31 pm »

I know things like this happen all the time, even though they shouldn't, it makes it worse when it's at Christmas.

It's bad enough to steal the computers but to torch the place as well is just beggars believe.

I might be able to find a few quid to donate.

Ali.   

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »

Me too Ali - I saw the guy on telly who runs it (it's something to do with his deceased daughter too) the poor guy was broken up.

Dave

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »

Just don't know what to say without being moderated.

Having had a lot to do with charities and raising money for my disabled daughter and various charities over the last 28 years I find this sickening.

Just wished I  could help, but sole bread winner [my wife] is being threatened with redundancy in the new year.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

mikearace

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

This charity was on tv a couple of years ago Im sure in the Secret Millionaire and it showed the work they did.  Cracking job being done by the bloke in memory of his daughter.  I know a lot of people will disagree with me when I say this and the Guardian would view the villians who did this as the true victims of a society that forced them to do it, but to me it just goes to demonstrate there is a place in society for violence!! 

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

it's been on both BBC and granada tv north west news this evening with requests of help......the offers flooding in ( although not the point) have been tremendous aparently including builders offering to work over christmas for free to help restore the place......out of adversity comes human hearts at their best............lets just hope the catch the bar stewards that did it....apparently CCTV is rife around the area so hopefully some good images of the scum.
neil.

mikearace

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Hopefully the cctv doesnt work when they accidentally walk into a baseball bat across their kneecaps.   

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »

I don't advocate violence, however tempting. But I do think that this sort of crime warrants heavily loaded prison sentences which will make people sit up and think a bit. The same applies to the toerags who are raiding war memorials and infrastructure wiring for scrap metal. And while we are on the subject, let's include all those scammers who use the Internet to rob people and bring down websites just for the fun of it.

These people don't have consciences, they just take calculated risks, so they will only respond to the prospect of severe penalties which means that the game isn't worth the candle. While I'm not in favour of violence, which ultimately lowers society to a similar level, measures such as hard labour do have certain attractions. How about digging out the foundations for a new motorway by hand?

Some people have been shocked by the sentences handed out to those who participated in the London riots. Well, tough luck, examples need to be made' pour encourager les autres'.

Colin

chingdevil

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:00:53 pm »

I hope they catch the morons who did this <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Donation made

Brian

cuppa

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:20 pm »

it's been on both BBC and granada tv north west news this evening with requests of help......the offers flooding in ( although not the point) have been tremendous aparently including builders offering to work over christmas for free to help restore the place......out of adversity comes human hearts at their best...........
neil.

Well said Sir. The human spirit is not so easily broken.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.