Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help for PILOT boat...  (Read 2293 times)

rathikrishna

help for PILOT boat...
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:38:59 am »

Friends..the month December is a favorite month to me..because of the cold..and always tries to get up early in the morning and runs with any of my craft, to canal..river..and it..yes..is an awesome experience..not to me..but i know all to you..yes..because of this mood i always makes lots of crafts this month..after almost completion of my new 3 crafts, i found an interesting craft, in Mag, is a Pilot boat..was in bright yellow color,with silver strips..ohh..its mouthwatering scene..yes..no rethinking..will make one..and kindly asking to you all to clear a doubt..will anyone guide me once..?  means i do not have any clear idea about the use of a pilot boat..means what is the real use of a pilot boat in real life..? so i can rewind the motor according to the specific need and can determine the scale..please its a kind request to you all..

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: help for PILOT boat...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:05:36 am »

Pilots, men who know the intricacies of their own local harbours and rivers have been used for many hundreds of years to assist the captains of large ships to navigate to safe anchorages when visiting strange ports through the difficult channels, banks and reefs that tend to be found close to shore.  In the UK this started with small rowing boats, called gigs, or fast sailing cutters taking the local pilots out to the ships as they approached the port and as there was strong competition to earn the fees that this work brought, so the boats needed to be fast craft capable of going out in all weathers.  

This work eventually became enshrined in law and over the years the craft became the fast, powerful and manoeuvrable seaworthy boats that you describe, that take the pilot out to the approaching vessel . Due to the pressures of commerce they need to operate quickly in foul weather, hence the designs that have evolved to make the transfer of the pilot to the ship as fast, easy and safe as possible.

Having seen your work, I'm looking forward very much to see what you come up with.  :}

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:47:26 pm »

a million thanks Mike..its almost complete.. :-))

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Hi Krishna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLIzp3WLpQE&feature=related

I just thought you might like to see one in heavy weather.

Dave

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:14:21 am »

Norse..its completed..and under test rides..now fixed with a powerful motor..reworking on the angle of prop..a million thanks for the link.. :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:16:28 am »

Norse..thanks for the video link..but cant see it from home..slow connection..will see it at computer centre..have a nicetime..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

Friends..Veterans..a million thanks for the links and advices..i completed my life boat..so happy..see the build log here..http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35658.0

thanks once again..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »

sorry..poor connection speed..

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:21:41 pm »

Very nice Krishna  :-))

Dave

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

a million thanks Norse..for the inspiration.. :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.