Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine TIMRIX To SILLOTH STAG  (Read 2221 times)

Propslip

Deans Marine TIMRIX To SILLOTH STAG
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:00:49 pm »

I have recently been asked to build a couple of models of the former Stag Line coaster SILLOTH STAG. Deansmarine do a model of TIMRIX which when built was a sister of the Stag, they were almost identical. The Deans model represents the Timrix as she was after being lengthened by 11 meters. She also has the raised after hatch coaming that further increased the cubic capacity. Both of these modifications are easily remedied. The area of most concern is the stern. This was quite square & angular as can be seen on the photos. Deans have represented this as very curved. As the people I am making these models worked on this ship for a number of years (Like myself) it is sure to attract comment. My question is this, the models are for display. What is the best fix, making a new stern would be a pain, could I put lots of filler or plastic padding in the areas concerned & just sand away untill I have the shape I am happy with? It is a testement to the builders both these ships are still trading 36 years after construction. The Stag is now the Albanian FROJDI & the TIMRIX is now out Panama way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.