Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: make our own B E C, E S C s for our crafts...  (Read 3831 times)

rathikrishna

make our own B E C, E S C s for our crafts...
« on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:07 am »

Friends..now i am posting this from a new connection, and do not know how much time that i get the access...so, some of my Friends were in anger with me, as i stopped posting about the circuit and details of E S C s and related stuffs..and also getting lots of personal requests..answering to all individually is not easy..so i am posting all of my proved circuits and stuffs..proved..for years..and my team is winning lots of competitions in various segments...all we know only a few among us are capable of following high density electronic circuits, and in practical means, so we must consider all modelers,and here i am sharing some of my stuffs, that can compete by anyone, who only need some interest and time...oh..yes..with some good coffee...

so all we know, once again, we must need a basic radio controlling unit for our modeling. previously buying a radio set was almost far beyond reach of an average modeler..but now even the high brands are offering some good radios for value for money. a good 4 channel radio is enough for a beginner..but a 6 channel is preferred as it will be a benefit to you later...
so, most of the modelers now uses a second battery pack for the RX in the craft..it increases extra weight and will be space consuming..especially for a small craft it will be a mess..so we starts from a B E C...B E C..?  yes all we hear about B E C, over the E S Cs.we know B E C, is Battery Eliminator Circuit..is yes this unit reduces the battery voltage to our specific needs...here for us is 4.8 volts to 6 volts. most standard reputed company radio Rxs are based on 6 volts as you can see the battery box provided with a Futaba radio set. is a battery box is capable of holding 4 dry cells each rated at 1.5 volts..so total 6 volts..but my experience and study shows most cheap class servos starts to emit a kooorrrrr noise as we fed it with 6 volts..so a 4.8, or 4.4 more clearly is enough for Rx unit,as most of the input circuits works on 3.3 volts..

so, here i am starting with a B E C, is a basic need of any modeler..then will follow through the simple electromechanical  E S C s, then full electronic, and advanced, in to BLDC...

we need a standard servo wire, can purchase, or can take from a scraped servo...the color codes as red is battery +, yellow is Signal, and Brown is Gnd. or battery -.in some other companies red will battery +, black will be battery -, and white will be signal..so follows...

rathikrishna

Re: make our own B E C, E S C s for our crafts...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:43 am »

now collect some vero boards, from any electronics shop...
and some appropriate heat sinks...

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:57:53 am »

now buy a 7805 voltage regulator, for4.6 volts and 6 volts for 5 4 volts...
as this regulator is only capable of driving around 600 mAh safely, we must add a power driver to it to cope with additional loads..
we can add M J E 13005, or M J E 3055 for this purpose, but only using up to 2 servos..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:48 am »

we need two electrolytic capacitors in to 470 micro farad, with a voltage of 25 to 35 volts..must be a good quality one...

shows the pin configuration of the voltage regulator...

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:56 am »

and shows the pin config of the power transistor..if you want to use more servos with this B E C, can go for T I P 3055, is a heavy one can drive up to 8 amps..with cool...
take some wires..with high density copper..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:03:55 am »

we need two diodes, and must use a transistor insulator kit, to isolate the transistor from heat sink..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 08:05:07 am »

fix the power transistor to the heat sink...
solder it as shown..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:06:56 am »

solder the regulator, as shown that the out put pin directly attached to the base of the PT...
follow the diagram..and solder it as well..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:08:24 am »

attach two of the capacitors as in the diagram...
attach an L E D with a 1 kilo ohm resistor in out put lines..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 08:10:23 am »

now time to check out...set metr in to respective mode and measure the voltage...
now load test..an  RS 380 motor with a three blade prop..at load...

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 08:11:45 am »

make sure there is no over heating, and seal the board with silicon..
now application to the radio RX...

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:59 am »

can operate any radio..and with any servos...
but i request to you all to use a T I P 3055 instead of MJE 3055, as it is far capable than smaller one..lasts for a life time...
you can add a diode, in the input line as a protector of reverse polarity, and can add a zener dioe with a 520Ohms resistor, in the input of the power transistor, to fail safe..

will take a good load for hours..and for years...please add a fuse in output lines and its capacity is up to your needs.

will continue...

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 08:16:52 am »

i already posted a good video..but cant post its link here as this cafe is not supporting the you tube..

barryfoote

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 08:23:11 am »

Amazing. I do not have a clue about electrics, but am sure many of the members will be able to build one from your description. :-))

pettyofficernick

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:36 am »

Excellent description! Might even have a go myself. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 12:55:13 pm »

Friends..its sure..and happy that many of us will make instruments for our own...i will continue this postings so i hope all you will get some clear ideas,to make a B E C, an E S C..yes at first it will be a simple but powerful, can do by anyone, that you do not need any deep knowledge in electronics..and i will give you some tips about saving our battery, checking our voltages and fault findings...so all you can save a lots of money, and with those saved money can make even more lots of crafts..coollll.......hoy...hoy...above given circuit is proved, still using in my all crafts...next post will show you how can be connected this B E C with an existing battery pack...so happy..friends..

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:28:47 pm »

see cool video here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imZOCB27-ro

how can be connected..?  follows...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.