Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ark Royal to be diving site ?  (Read 1104 times)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Ark Royal to be diving site ?
« on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:48 pm »

Well lads and Lasses. What do you think of the proposal to sink the Ark Royal to make a site for Divers? It does appear that the money could be avalible for this project. Myself although it would mean in one way its preservation, i feel better uses could be made of it.As a diving site i feel that because of its size its way to big and would only have an appeal for divers. What are your views please. John.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ark Royal to be diving site ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »

Well, around this time last year we had a functioning, efficient and worked up aircraft carrier which would have been invaluable in the Libya operation. This asset has been literally thrown away to 'save money' and her aircraft flogged off th the USA in flightworthy condition. I appreciate the difficualt exonomic situation but in my view the politicians have been criminally culpable in their mismanagement of the UK's defences.

Colin

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:10:15 pm »

Hello

An aircraft Carrier is too big for diver attraction, no way to come inside without danger. Smaller ship are better for that.  Aircraft Carrier and big ship are mostly sank to serve as fish refuge.

Xtian  

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:38:41 pm »

what amazes me is where some of the money is coming from..a certain shipyard in Cornwall has promised £3million,surely this would be better spent on modernising the said shipyard,to encourage more business to come their way,and employing some of the many either out of work or part time dockies? They couldn't find the money to give a home to HMS PLYMOUTH,as a museum birth..this the veteran ship on which the Falklands Surrender was signed,and this town is the home of the National Maritime Museum????
Ark Royal should be preserved like the Belfast,as a memorial to British Shipbuilding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.