Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Springer Tugs  (Read 1311482 times)

Roger in France

Re: Springer Tugs
« Reply #1050 on: April 12, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

Hey, that's one of Martin Mayhems little men swimming alongside...they get everywhere!

Roger in France.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1051 on: April 12, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »

Is this the guy Roger ? Clockwork power, whose going to electrify one?  Then R/C soon ?   See him swim on www.putfile.com/arrow5.  Thanks Kenny. 
..well can you land on this?

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #1052 on: April 13, 2008, 09:55:00 am »

...Hi Guys...

If we are coming down to the Mayhem Weekend ,We could bring a selection of Barges with us...

We have a fair selection of different sizes & wieghts of Barges at our club...

Let me know if you need them...

...All The Best From Bonnie Scotland...Norry & Wee Johnny...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Mr Andy

« Reply #1053 on: April 15, 2008, 07:18:24 pm »

My motors were getting so hot there was smoke in the hull when the top came off, needless to say one motor has been changed, she'd only been in the water a couple of times, both motors are now cooled when I put her in next after replacing a broken K nozzle.

Andy. ;)

chingdevil

« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2008, 07:48:31 pm »

Andy

I know the feeling, I fried one motor and damaged another at Warwick last year letting the little darlings have a go. No Mustang Mark thought it was great fun,all my springers are now water cooled.

Brian

Mr Andy

« Reply #1055 on: April 17, 2008, 04:48:55 pm »

There is so little room in mine now I couldn't fit anything else in the hull if I wanted too, and when I bought the pump I didn't realise it was as big, well for the space in the Spring it's huge. I'm going to put her back in a week this coming Sunday, and possibly the Sunday after I might go to Llanberis if they'll have me.  {-) {-)

Andy. ;D ;)

Stavros

« Reply #1056 on: April 17, 2008, 11:14:42 pm »

you are more than welcome

Stavros

Mr Andy

« Reply #1057 on: April 18, 2008, 12:40:46 pm »

I hope to see you soon another couple would also like to join me so more the merrier. ;)

Andy. O0

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1058 on: April 24, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »

There is so little room in mine now I couldn't fit anything else in the hull if I wanted too, and when I bought the pump I didn't realise it was as big, well for the space in the Spring it's huge. I'm going to put her back in a week this coming Sunday, and possibly the Sunday after I might go to Llanberis if they'll have me.  {-) {-)

Andy. ;D ;)

Hi Andy,

why do you need a pump? I have run a forced water pick up pipe from behind the prop., when going forwards there is enough water to cool the motor. Going astern there is zero, but enough water in the pipes to keep things cool enough for you. This must be my IC powered boat background.

My 540 motor is drawing only 1.6 amps on 6 volts at full load in the bath, but I am running 2:1 reduction and a 70mm two blade prop. It does not actually get that hot, but having seen many people on here saying they haev fried motors I put a coil of copper pipe round the motor anyway. The motor also has a fan in it.

So far so good, the Springer is a recovery boat for us to use at the lake when the power boats break down. This is all Martins fault as he said "why not build a springer?" in response to my wanted ad for a little cheap electric model.

Thanks to Norry for the GRP hull.

Glenn

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #1059 on: April 25, 2008, 07:32:25 am »

By the way.... I have a couple of sets of 6v 4Ah batteries for Springers up for grabs at Wicksteed if your coming - courtesy of John at Model Power!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Mr Andy

« Reply #1060 on: April 25, 2008, 01:32:41 pm »

Glenn: I mentioned in the shop that I'd get enough water in without the pump but I was told no as she wouldn't be fast enough, with two 500's believe me she shifts.  :)

Andy. ;)

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1061 on: April 26, 2008, 01:37:35 am »

Hi Andy,

I bet it does. Plenty of water going through mine so far, only run some bath tests and a brief half hour round the lake - but all OK so far. Serious use and abuse to follow no doubt. I reckon with recovery and kids playing around that this little boat is going to get about 4 - 5 hours running every weekend. I hope it does, that is what I built it for. Well, not too much recovery hopefully - but use none the less.

Glenn

Mr Andy

« Reply #1062 on: April 26, 2008, 02:06:17 pm »

Just had new Korts delivered from Westbourne models, excellent service phoned on the Thursday here this morning, So I might try and get her in again tomorrow.

Andy. ;)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1063 on: May 09, 2008, 06:27:50 pm »

Calm water and heatwave meant down to the Loch , something new a barge with camera fitted. See result on www.putfile.com/arrow5

chingdevil

« Reply #1064 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:52 pm »

Superb vid Arrow, Red October is looking good.

Brian

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #1065 on: May 09, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »

WHAT?

'Red October'... How did that happen?

It cant be the real RO..  :P (Red Oktober)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1066 on: May 09, 2008, 10:38:44 pm »

I've started on my top secret springer number TWO.  What will it be.

Hope to have her ready for the Mayhem Bash. ? ? ? ?

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2008, 08:23:36 am »

Brian
  Shoorly shum mishtake Ching, thats no Rid Oktwhititsname.  :o That is the totally homegrown "Sprub" , a submersible towboat for clandestine recovery of dissabled submarines without sufacing.   The pressure hull was constructed on Red Clydeside at the top secret Norry Werft Ltd. Remote sensing was carried out by Cecil B. DeArrow.

chingdevil

« Reply #1068 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:32 am »

OK
Hands up this just goes to show that I should not post on this forum while under the influence of alcohol.
Sorry Toes and sorry Arrow5 now the eyes have cleared it is obvious which craft it is, must take more water with it, must take more water with it O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Brian

djrobbo

« Reply #1069 on: May 10, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »

Hi arrow...........mark 2 springer...............h.m.s.springclean , my anti submarine sprigate is nearly ready , just got to fit the workings inside and then get its bum wet O0

I will try  " again " and see if i can get some pictures on later.

regards...bob.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1070 on: May 10, 2008, 02:56:45 pm »

...waitng for a glimpse of the miniature broom tied to the masthead Robbo ::)  Ching, try and stick to Speyside products next time :police:  Talking about the Spey (one of the fastest flowing rivers in the country) I thought I`d have another calm day on Loch Alvie again but to my surprise it was very rough so maybe a pint at the Loch Insh boathouse would be nice instead. Crossing the river at Kincraig I was amazed to see the RIVER was like a mill-pond ! Pics later. What is happening with the weather and it`s effects on nature?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1071 on: May 10, 2008, 04:28:14 pm »

Told you the river was calm ! I`ll be putting some video from the bridge on www.putfile.com/arrow5 later . Check the wave patterns when seen from above.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1072 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

Arrow,

What video gear do you use, its good stuff.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #1073 on: May 10, 2008, 05:07:11 pm »

Told you the river was calm !

Hey, that water has a slope on it!.. does that mean you can waterski on it.. without the boat?...  :P

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1074 on: May 10, 2008, 08:33:03 pm »

Hi Toes, yep it slopes all the way down to the North Sea :P  Cameras are Nikon 7900 and Fuji E900 compacts, stills are great but video not so great.  Check the vertical clip I`ve added to Putfile.  Notice the cross-bar, like the bar on an A, forming in the V of the wake. I`ve never noticed that from shore level.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.