Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Springer Tugs  (Read 1311594 times)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Springer Tugs
« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2007, 11:30:29 am »

...and the crane, worth the three quid he paid for it !
..well can you land on this?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2007, 11:32:00 am »

...or as dockside feature.

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2007, 09:44:52 pm »

tis good is that. Goes along with the whole springer philosophwee 2, as well.
Burp!!
 Been at in laws 40th in Abergaveneneneyeneyyy (Welsh). Very , very drunk.
What I am saying is that springer tug design and build should be best practised using what s to hand or available for not much do , dough , dow?
I'm spending forever desiinging my superstructure using card to mock up but only coz I feel duty bound to do the hull justice.
Hull not built by me but by a fellow mayhemmer. Even bought Graupner tyre fenders for a fiver but I might just save for something els now.

That digger top is ideal int it.

Mogs

kendalboatsman

« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2007, 09:49:03 pm »

Been at in laws 40th in Abergaveneneneyeneyyy (Welsh). Very , very drunk.

Mogs

Hi Mogs,

When I was a very little un, I had trouble saying Abergavenny and used to say Avergapenny ;D

Clive :)

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2007, 10:02:12 pm »

Its the Champers  we drank at Llansanfraed Court and back home in Caerleon. probly wrong spelling. great lake there mind.
My in laws 40th anv
Mogs

BridRacer

« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2007, 11:51:35 am »

well my springer is starting to take shape did as much as my back would allow me to do today but it's getting there slowly here's a pic of how its looking so far.

bye for now Chris

chingdevil

« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2007, 12:05:42 pm »

Hi Chris
Nice looking springer, its coming on well. I hope you have a high coaming inside that superstructure, trust me you will need it. When I built mine I fitted a 25mm coaming inside the superstructure, it was worth it. The only boat that dives better than my springer is a sub :D :D

The other Brian

BridRacer

« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2007, 02:10:22 pm »

Hi Brian thanks for your comments and yes i got large coamings well 20 mil anyway hope they will be  enough. Justbeen having a think about putting a brushless in it just 4 a laugh but am still undecided. One question i will ask everyone is do they need a skeg on ????? or could i just use a P bracket to support the prop tube.

thanks Chris

chingdevil

« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2007, 02:24:04 pm »

Hi Chris

All the articles I have read say to put a skeg on if you are going to play football, I have not seen many that do not have a skeg but if you want to put a P bracket on to support the tube then do it. I would be interested in how it handles, as for a brushless motor can not comment on that as I have not fitted one. Are they less power hungry than say a Johnson 540??.

The other Brian

BridRacer

« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2007, 05:07:27 pm »

HI again well the pain killers kicked in so i thought id press on with a bit more. I'm really happy with how its coming together i know its very basic but it is my first build. I will start fitting the motor and radio next week so should be nearly done bye next weekend heres a few more pics  ;D

Chris

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2007, 12:09:23 am »

Justbeen having a think about putting a brushless in it just 4 a laugh but am still undecided. One question i will ask everyone is do they need a skeg on ????? or could i just use a P bracket to support the prop tube.

As far as i am aware, a Skeg isnt in the 'rules' for the standard Springer hull. Neither of my standard Springers have a full skeg (its more of a prop tube support where it exits the hull) and Scoot certainly is the smallest skeg / support i can get away with.

As for the brushless motor... DIVE, DIVE, DIVE... Speed is something you certainly DONT want with a Springer.. but it would be fun to watch one with a brushless..

Looking like a nice build BridRacer

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2007, 11:52:11 am »

A bit like that brushless powered crazy R/C duck !. What news from Stateside Toes ? What about Super Kort Sally ? I`ve started a VERY semi-scale US Coast Guard bouy laying Springberry based on USCG Elderberry. Any UK Springer infestations , and I dont mean manifestations, at events ? Whats happening to all the builds? Norry? Ching? Martin? Hanna? Clive? Uncle Tom Cobblie and all ?

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #462 on: July 29, 2007, 11:14:27 pm »

...Hi Guys...

Myself & Wee Johnny ( my 7 year old son) spent the day at the Scottish Federation Regatta in Glasgow & had a smashing time...The Wee Guy didn,t fall in the pond for a change...

Johnny took part in both Steering & Docking competitions & The R.N.L.I. Rescue Competiition using his Damen Springer Tug...

He took first in the Glasgow Richmond S & D ...  2nd in The Scottish Federation S & D... and
 3rd in The R.N.L.I. Rescue Competition...  A nice Wee Treble for the Springers....

To cap it all off he won a bottle of Whisky in the raffle...(Papa was pleased )

He hopes to compete in other competitions throughout the country, So look out Springers...

...All The Best...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #463 on: July 30, 2007, 08:20:43 am »

Jeez ! is that wee bugg......boy comin` tae Loch Insh , oh no!!!! ! (well done Wee Johnny) Any pictures Norry ?  Well done the Federation too, for dashing down to the corner shop for a suitable prize for the seven year old. 

BridRacer

« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:18 am »

Hi all well it looks like springer mayhem has hit bridlington model boat society i know of at least 6 members who are building them and theres a lot of others saying there going to so with a bit of luck there might be an event or 2 for them at or club this year :) My build has been coming on well and i hope to have it finished by the weekend will post pic's when it's done.

Chris

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2007, 09:13:28 am »

That is good Brid. I think the silence on the Forum re Springers is the flurry of building activity.

BridRacer

« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2007, 06:17:22 pm »

Well i had 5 mins spare so i took a pic just painted the superstructure this morning. only got the hull to paint now and the radio gear to install so will be done by the weekend :)

see you all
Chris

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #467 on: July 31, 2007, 10:20:44 am »

...Hi arrow5...

There is a good set of pictures on the Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Web-Site...

Loch Insch is still very firmly in our plans of trips this season...

...All the Best...Norry & Johnny...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #468 on: July 31, 2007, 01:31:22 pm »

Thanks Norry. Dont go to INSCH thats in Aberdeen.....! Loch Insh is at Kincraig, 6 miles south of Aviemore just off the A9 ( turn off at Kingussie and follow Loch Insh Watersports brown signs).  Hope you can bring some barges or anything interesting as well as Springer(s). You might have the whole loch to yourselves, you`ll love it !

BridRacer

« Reply #469 on: July 31, 2007, 02:31:21 pm »

hi all well the paint jobs all done now so here you go theres still some little bits to add but this is what is going to look like. Its not been water tested yet so will have a few hours at the lake with it one day this week.

Chris

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #470 on: July 31, 2007, 05:00:45 pm »

Lookin` goood  Brid, putting the waterline on ? Forgot to say Loch Insh is about 2 and a half hours from Edinburgh. Got main line train and regular bus services.

BridRacer

« Reply #471 on: July 31, 2007, 05:17:49 pm »

Hi arrow wasnt going to bother with the waterline Ive got the rubbing strips to put round the sides yet and to be honest i forgot about it will do it on my next one cos now the wife wants one so got to make a start on hers next week :(

Chris

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #472 on: July 31, 2007, 08:25:41 pm »

Don't forget the pusher bars on the Bow.  (is that what they're called ?)

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #473 on: July 31, 2007, 08:27:10 pm »

'Knees' I think.
Mogs

BridRacer

« Reply #474 on: July 31, 2007, 09:06:51 pm »

thats all in hand Tug--kenny there on now. Nothing was fixed in place in that last pic and the knees were still drying after painting. I'm just putting the motor mount in it now waiting for epoxy to dry then the radio gear can go in and i might just get to the lake on Thursday to test her (make sure she floats) and see what ballast she needs just hope the prop will make her move ok its only a 30 mill one .... watch this space :)

Chris
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.