The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Springer Tugs

Springer Tugs

<< < (2/375) > >>

Martin (Admin):
Yes I really like the idea. (Maybe for the next Mayhem weekend!)
Has anyone found out how they are used or competitions developed?

Martin

Tug Man:
Here is the home page of the springer. It may help.
http://www.springertug.com/
There isn't any copyright to the plans they are free for all to use when making a model.

Don

Martin (Admin):
Heres a list of events from that  site:

"A number of events have been set up for Springer tugs. 
Soccer: at least three boats on each side, one goalie, the rest aggressor/defenders.
Relay races: teams of 2 alternating in races around two large circles.
Rubber ducky round up (open to other classes but dominated by Springers."

Right Boat Football it is then everyone!- http://www.springertug.com/video.html
Start building your boats now.

I think we can just tweak the build rules a little bit.... just so we can say it a 'British' version!
Right, first new rules:

1. Any battery type up to 7.2 volts
2. Any rudder system allowed.

.... anything else needs tweaking?

Martin
PS. Ace find arrow5!  8)

toesupwa:
Here are a couple of pics of my 'Brit' style Springer... But as i am in California, USA, I'm holding the British 'end' up over here  ;)

Arrow5:
Thanks Toes, very English. I prefer a slightly more "Vintage" style (hint).   Martin, "if it aint broke dont fix it"  I think the odd but simple hull is the trick that makes it so appealing to beginner and experienced. I say stick to to original concept, square, slabsided, anybody can do it. My Puffer version looks daft with a square bow and stern but is a cartoon after all. The purists can find barge shaped craft for more serious scale(ish) versions. Only variation should IMO be from the waterline up where anything goes. Polo matches should be a crowd pleaser at shows but I`d hope that the cartoon theme wouldnt end up with Tea Kettles versus Garden Swans but more Tugz Vs ...em donnowhat ! Rounding up plastic ducks would be a laugh too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version