Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Springer Tugs  (Read 1314948 times)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Springer Tugs
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:53 am »

Lookin` good Norry. Good subject.  Any idea how many Springers there are in Scotland ?  Pity I`ll miss the Largs do, I`ll be in Whitehaven with the "big yin". Might take a Springer to spread the word in Cumbria.
..well can you land on this?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2007, 04:58:31 pm »

Good day at the loch today. New motor goes like sewing machine, just a low hum. Old one sounded like a diesel on three cylinders so back in the skip ! Sprinkler and Irn Maid on same hull. Tyre barrier on bow helps to keep wave breaking over it onto deck..

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »

...and on the water.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2007, 05:14:32 pm »

...and the other "top".

kendalboatsman

« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:45 pm »

You have been a busy soul Duncan, I like the new tug top. I actually managed to apply a first coat of paint today so might be finished in time for next years Mayhem weekend. Best of all I finally have a shed on its way so in three weeks time I will have a workshop to paint and do other smelly jobs in and that way I won't have to wait for dry days to go outside and paint.

Clive

Ed-Teach

« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2007, 06:48:42 am »

Vader undergoes Sea Trials

Managed a few spare hours to complete the Build to a level I could do some Sea Trials. Recovery of the Thumb from Applying 43 Fender Tyres will take some time. Luckily its not the Throttle hand.

Ballasting done in the bath so was reasonably happy but couldn't wait for the batteries to fully charge so off to the Local lake for a test run.

Looked a treat on the water and immediately drew the attention of a few passers by.

Did find the Electronize 543-23 I was intending to use probably a little underpowered so I'll install a basic 540 and see if I get more performance. Might have been the state of the batteries.  ???

Installing the twin Fender barriers at the front seemed to stop almost all water from coming over the bow.. More sea trials on the weekend and hopefully more pictures of the other Club Springers.  :o

Hopefully next week will see the installation of the electrics for the water-cannons. Tested on 6V gives a reasonable display. 12V would be better but wiring would be a hassle.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2007, 08:28:14 am »

Wow ! You are expecting some rough and tumble full body contact, Aussie Rules type.  Where is the oppostion ?  BTW I think you`ll find the standard 540 motor adequate.  Good looking build.  Interested in details of water cannon.

Ed-Teach

« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2007, 09:53:43 am »

Interested in details of water cannon.

The Old Motto.. Always be prepared for any possibility.. I would say the opposition could be a little aggressive. In reverse the Prop on one of the springers howls and almost clears the water.. Photos of the opposition this weekend if the weather is kind..

The water pump (diaphragm) is a standard replacement windscreen pump for older Japanese Cars. Throws water about 4-5ft from both cannons on 6V through a "T" piece. 12V on my other Tug sends it about 15ft through one outlet. Trying a CMA Como Gear Pump as an alternative. Hopefully I'll have something operational in a few weeks.

Cannons are Graupner 1:50 recommended for Seabex model.  

Thinking of the next Springer and this time possibly under sail?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2007, 10:58:39 am »

Like it ...a "PIRINGER". ;D   

chingdevil

« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:10 pm »

Blimey! tell me these springer are not coming to next years weekend might have to build one out of Kevlar plate just to survive a game of football ;D ;D ;D.
Ed the springers get enough water over their decks now any more pumped on and the opposition will need bilge pumps to keep afloat, or is that the idea ;) ;) ;)

The other Brian

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:37 pm »

...Hi Guys...

As most of you guys will probably know, My mate Billy (Blazing Penguin) & I are currently organising the  Mobile Marine Models sponsored  Scottish Tug - In at Greenock  next Sunday (17Th June)...10.30am till 4pm...

How many Springers are coming to the event...I would like to know...(Billy Doesn.t Like Them)

There is of course an Open & Welcome Invitation to all Model Mayhem Members to come along to the event in Greenock & have a good day with the Tug - Set...

There will be lots to see & do on the day...Win a radio controlled boat in the raffle...Teas & Eats will be served in the Clubhouse...

So if anyone is planning a wee trip to Bonnie Scotland for this event please let us knowhow many are coming so that we know how many Haggi( plural of haggis) we have to catch to feed you all...

I will buy all attending Springer Skippers a Cuppa...All The Best...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Ed-Teach

« Reply #361 on: June 08, 2007, 06:02:05 am »

Blimey! tell me these springer are not coming to next years weekend might have to build one out of Kevlar plate just to survive a game of football ;D ;D ;D.
Ed the springers get enough water over their decks now any more pumped on and the opposition will need bilge pumps to keep afloat, or is that the idea ;) ;) ;)

The other Brian

Chingdevil

A bit too far to travel to the UK,   :'( but would love to attend what has become a great model boat regatta and open day.. Everybody who attends always raves about what a great time they had.. ;) ;) ;)

The Idea of the water cannons is to put out Fires at displays and distract the other Competitors.. Nearly lost a Tug Last Year to over use of lighter fluid soaked into the burning boat..

I wonder if they'll let me put a Powder Cannon in the Pirate Ship? No need for Kevlar, mine is out of 12mm 5-Ply coated in resin.. Should take a knock or two..  :P ;) 

Been busy making the Flags for match. Using standard 3/32 Brass Tube with some carbon flexi rod & Sticky Back sailcloth for the Flags.. Starting to look good.. One Team in Black (of course)..

Second Hull in the workshop this weekend.. It was such an easy & enjoyable build, I have to do another one.. 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2007, 01:55:28 am »

Pictorial build of my Springer.... I'll add text at some stage... ;D

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/My_models/Springer/index.htm

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Ed-Teach

« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2007, 10:03:23 am »

Club Springers

As promised Club Sail Day today with three recently launched Springers in attendance.

Impromptu Soccer Match arranged to test the maneuverability.

A great days fun at the lake...

Away for a few weeks building another.

TTFN

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2007, 01:51:36 pm »

"NOBBY" the springer's first outing  ;D
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »

I hereby nominate Martin for an award as THE BEST DRESSED MODELLER.

Have you seen his pics of his springer build? The only person i have heard of who builds and paints in shirt and tie!!!!!! And, it looks like he works on top of a bank of computers!

;D ;D ;D

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

chingdevil

« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2007, 06:24:33 pm »

Ian
The man in the picture is Bradders not Martin, he does dress smart to build boats though and has a very posh looking work area.

The other Brian

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2007, 06:31:14 pm »

Doh! Sorry Bradders and Martin!
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2007, 07:46:41 pm »

They are coming thick and fast now. I see one of the OZSPRINGERs has no "armour" , like the tubular all-round fendering on  one but none on the green one!   Ed, did the goal posts not work out ? " Nobby", is it going have tow-hooks fitted Young ?  You might be asked to pull a barge or six someday !   Anybody coming to Loch Insh do in Sept,we have a real canal to navigate, real concrete walls so fenders all round a good idea. Plus a mile of fresh water if you feel like a voyage in open water out of the lagoon. Any reports from Largs tug-in ?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2007, 07:51:45 pm »

Martin/Bradders how do I post more than one pic on a post?  Here is the "canal".

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2007, 07:54:19 pm »

Another canal pic.

chingdevil

« Reply #371 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:39 pm »

Arrow

The springer is looking good after its swim

The other Brian

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2007, 08:19:19 pm »

SSSSSh ! That is "Spruffy" top (coal boat) on Mac`s hull.  The "canal" goes under the bridge . The lagoon has ample space for a polo match.

Willit

« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2007, 10:49:28 pm »

"NOBBY" the springer's first outing  ;D

that looks totally hellfire (young railway enthusiast expression for those who don't know!)

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2007, 10:19:03 pm »

...Hi Arrow5...

Are you coming down to the Tug-In next Sunday 17th which is now at Greenock....

Whats the details of the Loch Insch Regatta...I quite fancy a wee camping trip up that way...

Will there be Tug-Towing there...I could bring up some of our barges & tows...

My Springer will be finished this week in time for my 7 year old son Johnny to play football with it at the Tug-In...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 75   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.