Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Springer Tugs  (Read 1314985 times)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Springer Tugs
« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2007, 07:38:06 am »

Oh no no no no..you cant do that ! Flashing orange lights indicate a hovercraft underway :police:
..well can you land on this?

djrobbo

« Reply #601 on: September 28, 2007, 12:26:49 pm »

With the weight this thing is coming out at it would take more power than a 540 motor can generate to make it hover !

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2007, 04:10:31 pm »

cant disagree with that website toes, but what I am suggesting is that because the upper (low pressure) side is flat, then there will be a greater tendency for vortices to form closer to the leading edge than with an aerofoil section.
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

djrobbo

« Reply #603 on: September 29, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »

Hi guys. I think arrow 5 has got it right. i dont think it will make any differance to a boat shaped like a breeze block ! any way i have made two rudders, one with a t bar or coffee bar or lyons corner house or whatever they are called, and one without i.e normal rudder.  i'll see what differance there is , if any,...............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            regards bob.

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2007, 12:40:23 am »

Hi guys. I think arrow 5 has got it right. i dont think it will make any differance to a boat shaped like a breeze block ! any way i have made two rudders, one with a t bar or coffee bar or lyons corner house or whatever they are called, and one without i.e normal rudder.  i'll see what differance there is , if any,...............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            regards bob.

I for one would be interested in your test results bob...

I have to agree though, unless the rudder is radically different from the 'norm' i cant see there being much effect on the breeze bl.... erm... Springer hull...

djrobbo

« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2007, 01:58:41 pm »

Hi..hows things in the u.s.of a. as soon as i test these things out i,ll let you know the results...regards....bob

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2007, 03:14:42 pm »

It was just one of those perfect boating mornings so took the unfinished "Springerberry" CG support vessel to the loch for a shake-down. Looked quite Alaskan with the geese in the mist. Sent the "Maid" down to move them a bit !(first pic.)

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2007, 03:49:08 pm »

It was just one of those perfect boating mornings

WOW!...  :o

Fantastic pics Arrow... very atmospheric!

Can you post those over at the 'other place' too please...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2007, 05:03:43 pm »

Aye aye, Capn`.  I nearly got the shot I want last week with early snow on the hills but it went before the wind dropped. I`ll try again during winter months, spring will be most likely.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2007, 05:09:49 pm »

what time o' the morn was that arrow?

Great pics.

Ian

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2007, 06:30:36 pm »

It was about 10am,been a cold night and we heard the migrating geese honking through the mist. The sun started to break through about 9am and I headed for the loch for an hour (she`d one heard that before >:() Perfect calm, geese resting at far end not a soul in sight , just me and three Springers. Got home about 1-sh in blazing sunshine in time for lunch. Watched neighbour cutting his grass, sad :'(    OOPs sorry about same pic twice.

djrobbo

« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2007, 09:49:05 am »

Hi guys, me again. Those photos are brill. either its me or my fuji finepix isnt up to the job ,coz mine dont come out like that, oh well. Springer looks really good nice job ! Oh by the way, just in case the mist gets any thicker i hope its fitted with a SPROG horn      ........ho.....ho....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            regards bob.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #612 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:55 am »

First requirment RJ is bright light then most cameras will yeild good pics.  Second ,get in close. The camera is a Nikon 7900.   Re foghorn most of my fleet are so noisy you can hear them yards away ! Besides the mist was lifting and it was a brilliant day after that. Same today so away out again ;D...oh and some good company ::)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #613 on: October 02, 2007, 11:17:08 am »

I think Coastguard 1205 gets my vote as Best British Springer!
And "Maid O' IRN gets Best Name award!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #614 on: October 02, 2007, 03:01:29 pm »

When do I get the money ???? ;D  Thank you Martin, just goes to show that the camera does lie , for example the Lady Muriel doesnt have an antenna on her forehead but does have an auroa about her(see pics below).   It was a bit windier today but gave "Spruffy" a surf in the loch. Typical autumn in the Highlands kind of a day, in spite of what the BBC would have you believe !

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:18 pm »

If you want to see how Spruffy handled the chop go to http://media.putfile.com/Springer-surfs-a-loch   Look out for that rock Muriel!

djrobbo

« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2007, 10:33:04 pm »

Hi again. Spruffy looks really good in the choppy water  i think the country must be upside down , it looks like the south of france with all that sun , down here the weather is c^*p..so much rain it even stopped the springer build cause it broke my extension roof so ive got that to fix now.....ho..hum.............                                                                                                                                                                                      regards      bob..

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2007, 09:07:01 pm »

Right, I want to fit a fixed kort nozzle to my springer, so, I am curious as to how others secure the nozzle to the hull.

Any comments/ideas welcome.

Thanks

Ian

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2007, 10:59:16 pm »

Right, I want to fit a fixed kort nozzle to my springer, so, I am curious as to how others secure the nozzle to the hull.

Thanks

Ian
   Over to you Toes I think ::)

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2007, 12:42:31 am »

You could be the first  :o that has a fixed kort nozzle..
Mine and TugBoatAndy's (all in the USA) are steerable korts...

I would slot the front of the Kort and fit it over the skeg, around the prop and then fit the rudder behind the kort / prop.....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #620 on: October 05, 2007, 08:59:01 am »

It will be interesting to see a Springer with a Kort Nozzle, mine nearly spins in it's own length with a normal rudder.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #621 on: October 05, 2007, 09:15:37 am »

It will be interesting to see a Springer with a Kort Nozzle, mine nearly spins in it's own length with a normal rudder.

Martin..
You cant have forgotten this already...  ???

http://media.putfile.com/Scoot-the-Springer

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2007, 11:16:35 am »

What's she fitted out with then?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2007, 11:31:01 am »

....or with no Kort http://youtube.com/watch?v=aiaVcy-kQI0   I thought the Kort was just for added thrust not maneuverability. The "Maid" has standard 2" rudder with tee fish-tail on trailing edge. Spins are even better at speed.

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #624 on: October 05, 2007, 03:16:33 pm »

What's she fitted out with then?

We have.. (from left to right)

Tigger, Standard Springer
Templeton, Standard Springer
Scoot, Super Springer, 2 1/4" prop in a 2 1/2" Kort
Mustang Sally,  :D :o :D Springer, 3 3/4" prop in a 4" kort
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 75   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.