Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extensions  (Read 1733 times)

Angus64

Extensions
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:57:04 am »

Hi boys. Can anyone out there tell me if there is any difference between Receiver extension wire & servo extension wire, I have some servo extension wires with plug on ends & wondering if I can use one of them for a receiver extension wire they look the same to me.

Angus. 

catengineman

Re: Extensions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

As far as I know they are the same just named differently
But hey you never know. There will be an electrical wizard on here some where to put us right  :}

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:31 am »

No problems extending a servo wire, but there are potential problems in theory extending an ESC wire.  ESCs often have a BEC incorporated, and extending the wire carrying the common ground line can give rise to some unexpected results due to the ground line voltage of the rest of the system fluctuating under load.
As to naming it, yes, its three wires with a plug at one end and a socket at the other, so whatever its called, it is the same thing.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Angus64

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:18:56 am »

Thanks Boys for your information I will keep that info in mind for future work, Great to know there are people out willing to share their knowledge with me, I'm learning the world of electronics slowly.

Angus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.