Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: trawler plan  (Read 25108 times)

LarryW

trawler plan
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »

HI,
     i have a f/g hull of kingston peridot trawler , as any body have copy of plan, for sale or a print of model .
  i have tryed befor but came up blank.... SENT TO MODEL BOATS  but lost in christmas post    before i retry i thought i would give
      mayhem a try  i hope i get lucky .......LARRY...

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: trawler plan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:45 am »

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kingston%20pridot%20plan&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hullmodelboatgroup.co.uk%2Fpicture.php%3F%2F1490%2Fcategory%2FKingston_peridot&ei=-PALT6rVG4PG8QPuw53yBQ&usg=AFQjCNGb0WpBdRHX_38QO2YjS1DfIG122w&cad=rja

try this site, bill built the peridot and won best in show with it at north east model boat show in 2009 hes also on this site, theres also a link to his email addy on hull model boat group, regards brian_c :-))

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:51 am »

LarryW

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »

HELLO ALL,
             Now have copy of kingston peridot by tom gorman ,
             but now need some history of full size , IE deck details and other bits and bobs ,
 had a look at the first class model on hull web site , bit out my depth that standard of build ,
          plan is a starter but not build detail so looking for help ,   need more guide lines ,
           this my first go at a class build looking forward to the challenge , hope i haven't took to much on, ........LARRY.. :embarrassed: O0

LarryW

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:17:56 pm »

HIALL,
       I had no response on details of peridot  , so would go for a dummy build using card ,
        so would not messup on master build, card is cheaper than styrene,  also i now have a set of templates for build;
         see dummy build pics .......LARRY

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »

all I know larry is that she had a pretty inauspiscious life until her very tragic end in 1968, when she was lost with all hands off  Kopasker,Iceland on the 27/28 january 1968.

she had a sister ship called ST Apollo which was scrapped in 1974.
apart from that there isn't a great deal of history on her, as she was just like any other deep sea trawler..a good steady earner.

neil.

LarryW

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:14 am »

THANK YOU FOR REPLY,
                                    I have read the goggle page it was tragic , heath and safety is different today,
                                     i spent 8yrs in hull in the 50Ty's with the army as a TA instructor ,
                                    had a lodging on hessle rd near the fish docks when hull and grimsbury had fishing industry ,
                                     used to the trawlers returning well , loaded and weather beaten ,
                                        hard live for a fish supper...........LARRY...

LarryW

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:56 pm »

HI ALL,
          A BIT MORE WORK DONE, wheel house and cabins in styrene  sub deck temporary fitted.
          this was hard work F/G hull all distorted and different  to plan had to use a jig set up taken of plan bad mould when built
          hull bought at boat fair said to be hobby store hull , so is the plan, but got there in the end looks ok so far........
          but hard work,  LARRY.. :((

nhp651

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 06:32:42 pm »

Larry, If you are going to continue with your build log, could you ask the mods to put it in the working vessels section where we can all watch it with interest, rather than keep thinking you are after another trawler plan in the wanted section.
neil.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »

Moved across from the Wants Section as the subject is very interesting.

More details please Larry

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

LarryW

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 07:45:57 pm »

HI ALL ,
          Thank you Kenny and Neil , watch this space Larry... :-))

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

Always interested in your builds Larry. You seem to get on with it.   :-))

Ken

LarryW

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:14 pm »

THANK YOU, 
                 Next head ache bulwarks rough as bears back side, looking for a solution to fill and sand or remove and start again.
                 no anchor port shown on drawing or not detailed on hull but on full size had a nice one. 
                 so get some more detail from some ware.... Larry

nhp651

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:36:44 pm »

Arh, that's better Larry.
in answer to your question, I have always skimmed the bulwarks with polyester filler ( car body p38 type stuff) and then sanded it to a nice smooth finish....turns out well.
neil.

LarryW

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:12:58 am »

THANK YOU Neil,
                       Thats the method i think i am going to do,
                        the F/G is so many differentness in thickness , 
                        and the top hand rail is important to the finish,...at the cover deck at the stern,   
                         also i am still looking on line for detail of deck works and finish.......Larry...

LarryW

Re: trawler KINGSTON PERIDOT
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »

HI ,
 Heres a picture of the build i am having a go at........Larry....

still looking for more pictures of any deck details   .......... :-))

yorkie1

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 10:52:15 am »

Hi LarryW.
I was on Hull Trawlers for twenty years so if I can help I will,I have made a model of the Hull Trawler H 303 Southella it is a fully working RC model.  I sailed on her for quite some time I will try and upload a pic, Iam selling her because of ill health but because I hav not posted 25 times on this site I am not allowed to put it in the for sale section had I seen your post soonerI would have sent you the plans of the  Peridot for free.
yorkie1

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 12:03:53 pm »

Hullo Larry..... :o you are doing really well with that computer training........on the keyboard to the left of A &S = the caps lock........ {-)

PS........ please post a few images of the hull for Trawler H 303 Southella ...............Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

LarryW

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 02:32:47 pm »

hi yorkie,
           thank you for reply that's a long time on trawlers, in the 50Ty's i was stationed in hull ,
           attached to the TA  as a instructor on armoured transport.
             had digs in Hassle rd , and used to go on fish docks and watch the trawlers unloading the bobers and porters where unbelievable
            and many a date fish lady ,   you say you have a plan of a trawler which one  i am working from does not have a lot detail.
         also i am looking for deck detail like winches and other deck clutter, i am not going to build a fully detailed model haven't  got that
          experience . only been modelling 2 yr , but getting a bit better, this is a big build for me,  so hope you can help......Larry...

LarryW

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:42 pm »

HI Derek ,
           thank you for interest ,   getting better at key board  O0    and the build pictures will come when i get a bit info on  details,
           and the cash flow gets better,  have three models awaiting bits and bobs,   on the slip way  %%   
           as build so far working on the rough bulwarks and distorted hull shape , but getting there  :-)).......LARRY...

yorkie1

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 07:03:28 pm »

Hi Larry.
I can send you a few pics of my model of the Southella  by e-mail or try to upload them.
yorkie1.

LarryW

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 07:48:01 pm »

Thank you
                  Yorkie that would great , if you still have the plan you mentioned , i would be interested i pay any costs or donate to Charity ...Larry........ :-)).

LarryW

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 07:53:33 pm »

Hello all ,
           Looking for a anchor type for my trawler,     Larry....

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 08:04:38 pm »

Hi Larry.

Have a look here .........

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=126530

Ken

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 08:13:26 pm »

http://www.dropbox.com/downloading

Hi Larry

re file swapping

that link will get you Dropbox. It is for doing something on one device and it updates the file on all your devices.
I didn't use it for that though. It is a great tool for sharing any type of file. Basically any file you put in Dropbox
gets it's own link which you can send to your buddies - they click link and download the file. It won't play with
folders though. What I did for a lot of files was put them all in a folder - Zipped the folder into one file - put that
in Dropbox, and then sent Carl the link. One link got him 950 files - no emailing, no uploading, maybe 5 minutes work,  FREE

Oh yes - Dropbox is also like a backup (if you use it) and if you lose data on your pc - Dropbox still has both it and the older versions of it. :-))

I am enjoying your build

Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.