Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: trawler plan  (Read 25095 times)

yorkie1

Re: trawler plan
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »

Hi LarryW.
I will try again to upload a pic of the Southella.
yorkie1

yorkie1

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »

Hi LarryW.
This is another on of my pics.
yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:31 am »

good morning Eric
                        Thank you for pictures very helpful i hope my build will come to your standards /.
                        I tried to contact HMBG but having a bit of bother trying login
                        I keep contact with  you on here   thank you again for your help and pictures.
                         I like to see if your plan is different ,to mine ,
                         Have the bulkheads smoothed out now, will start bulkhead supports when i work out spacings no detail on my drawing  {:-{
                         Your photo will help ..........Larry...

yorkie1

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 11:59:25 am »

Hi Larry.
The drawing I have is No MM1482 but I can send you a plan of the Peter Scott another Hull Trawler it may help and I will upload some more pics, I also have an anchor I can send you.
If you e-mail me your address I will send them off.
yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

,Hi Eric,
        Thank you , that is nice of you Larry.

yorkie1

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »

Hi Larry.
Posted off the plan of Peter Scott plus one anchor,I have also put in a disc with some of the original yard drawings of the Southella they may be of some use but you will have to be aware that the drawings have been locked away in a cupboard for about forty years plus so like all of us with advanced years they have developed a few wrinkles :-)
Yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 03:27:26 pm »

HI ERIC
        Thank you you are a star, had look at your model on hmbg web page ,   GREAT  still having a problem login so can only visit as a guest .
         hope you are well , so you keep up the first class building of trawlers,  and if there's any thing i can help you with send me a post.....Larry... :-))

yorkie1

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 06:09:40 pm »

Hi Larry.
Another pic of the Peridot if you zoom in you may get a bit more info,what you may noticeis that the bridge is swept back and ther is only one derrick on the mast,but that will not make a deal of difference to your model.
Yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

Hi Yorkie,
            A good picture , of bridge deck, just shows how the plan is out of step, but now i can make changes.....Larry..

LarryW

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:24 pm »

Hi YORKIE, ,
              Good news , received plan and CD today , and anchor,  a bit more info to get a bit more progress to build on.
             Thank you again, you are real friend ,    if you need the plan back let me no as i get a fresh copy made. ......cheers Larry.... :-))

yorkie1

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »

Hi Larry.
No I don't need the plans you can pass them around when you have finished with them.
yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 09:29:56 am »

HI Yorkie.,
 Thank you ,  will get on when weather gets better still a lot of filling and sanding to do ,.
  What did you use for top hand rail also the net hauls Larry...

yorkie1

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 08:34:28 pm »

Hi Larry.
For my handrails I started off buying brass rails and brass wire but on a pension it proved rather expensive so I improvised.a mate gave me some half inch mesh and cut out bits here and there and painted them.
For the net haulers I think you may mean the gallows the red shapes on the side of the boat,I made them out of 4mm plastic H bar,hope this helps

LarryW

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

Hi Yorkei,
           Thank you for reply, that's a great money saver , yes that's what i meant , any more build tips will be useful .
            you are only member that's in touch.   by the way its my 76 birthday to day  so cheers LARRY  :-))   

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 08:50:44 pm »

Happy Birthday Larry.

It's my 70th today.  Wasn't it nice to have the Royal Anthem played on the radio for us.   :}

cheers

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

LarryW

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY   :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) {-) {-) {-)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

Happy Birthday to you both :-))

Re Yorkie being the only member in touch - well I agree I'm not much use technically but I am here watching, and I can see Kenny, Derek, Neil, Umi and Brian have all popped in.
So you are not (in Rab C Nesbitts words) 'sailing this ship alone'.  :embarrassed:  :}

yorkie1

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »

Hi Larry.
It seems like I am the nipper of the bunch 66.
Happy Birthday.
Yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 02:37:38 pm »

Hi ,
    Thanks for watching LARRY...... :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 06:10:12 pm »

Happy birthday to you both & many more of them, from Mick in Canada. Mick B.
Mick B.

LarryW

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:19 pm »

Hi Mick ,
          Thank you Larry..... :-))

yorkie1

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, 11:22:13 am »

Hi Larry.
How's it going any more pics yet.
Yorkie1

LarryW

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:09 pm »

Hello Yorkie .

Its been  a bit cold to work in out side work shop the hull to large to work on in side,
            and its still in the sand and fill stage ,  but have a lot decks cut out and crew cabins .
          looking at starting stern cabin covered deck and life boat station bits when can work out drawing, ...LARRY...

yorkie1

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:43 am »

Hi Larry.
I know what you mean about the cold I do not have a shed or garage so I had to do all my work out side so it took me many months to finish my model,here is a pic of the boatdeck of my Trawler most of them are very similar

LarryW

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 10:53:55 am »

Good Morning YORKIE ,
                              Thank you for picture ,  does your cover deck lift of ? .
   i am making mine fixed when shaft is fitted and rudder link , also i notice it curved down to the bulwarks and curved at the stern  this is rely busy bit of the build.
   your life boats look good did you scratch them ?   also did you make your own port holes ?
 As for progress made funnel template's and a  balsa mould to try build lifeboats  will post some pictures soon .....Larry...   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.