Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modellbau center Lorenz rc boats  (Read 9010 times)

dillinger 03

Modellbau center Lorenz rc boats
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:50 am »

Hi

Does any one have any experience with there boats I am interested in there mono hulls

Any input would be appreciated Thanks David

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Modellbau center Lorenz rc boats
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47:48 am »

have you got a link
Oh and welcome

Peter

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:43:44 am »

Is this what you are on about ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeIKApfbf-U
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

cuppa

dillinger 03

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »

Is this what you are on about ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeIKApfbf-U

Hi yes that is the boat I am very interested in the proformance and quality  of this boat I know in the video it does a barrel roll at the end but I guess if you push any boat hard enought this can happen .

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:33 pm »

Hi David

Judging by the pictures this is a Chinese hull, way overpriced by Lorenz.
You can find a similar hull in China much cheaper....
Which one are you interested in?
For that money, you could get an MHZ hull, which is made out of epoxy resin (in stead of polyester) which will stand up much better to the stress of running at high speed.

The boat in the video has quality hardware installed and runs on 10S3P 5000, I'm guessing it's the 1M version of the Revolution.
Knowing the German boaters the hull has been reinforced to stay in one piece during the violent flips at those speeds.

A barrelroll is something entirely different; the hull turns along its length, keeps the nose pointing in the direction it runs and in 50% of the rolls, lands with the right side up and continues to run without losing much speed.

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:53:57 am »

.....Judging by the pictures this is a Chinese hull, way overpriced by Lorenz.
You can find a similar hull in China much cheaper....

Seems like a sweeping damning statement without proof...
As far as I am aware Lorenz is a respected supplier. As an example The Master Blaster is a modification of the AC Blast Cat, far as I know his hulls are epoxy.
I have bought from him without problems, if you want more information check out the Dutch forum or ask on the German forum where he has a traders spot.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 10:11:54 am »

The one in the video looks the same as the LYNX made in China,it doesnt say in the info wether its epoxy or polyester where as his other hulls it does say epoxy.
Mart

dillinger 03

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

Seems like a sweeping damning statement without proof...
As far as I am aware Lorenz is a respected supplier. As an example The Master Blaster is a modification of the AC Blast Cat, far as I know his hulls are epoxy.
I have bought from him without problems, if you want more information check out the Dutch forum or ask on the German forum where he has a traders spot.

HI the model I am looking at is the virus mono hull.This design looks to be very similar to Delta Force but maybe the virus could be of better quality. He says can be built in either epoxy resin fiber glass, or he also offers it in carbon fiber, and says they are his owne production hulls.
So I hope and guess they are being made in Germany . Seeing I am shopping around if any one knows of any other companies that build
Large mono hulls like this let me know  Thanks for all your help David

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:41 pm »

I dont build small gas monos but i do build Apaches and the Arrow,check my website for details its in my signature.Epoxy def not needed to build good strong boats.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

I dont build small gas monos but i do build Apaches and the Arrow,check my website for details its in my signature.Epoxy def not needed to build good strong boats.
Mart
Hi David, I can confirm that Mart's hulls are indeed of excellent quality, very strongly built, good sharp running lines and reasonably priced, watch out for my build project on one of his Navaho (Apache based) hulls in Model Boats mag (April/May issues) this year  :-))

Yes Mart I'm finally getting round to building it  {-) {-) {-)

Cheers
Scoop

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 01:47:01 pm »

Hi David, I can confirm that Mart's hulls are indeed of excellent quality, very strongly built, good sharp running lines and reasonably priced, watch out for my build project on one of his Navaho (Apache based) hulls in Model Boats mag (April/May issues) this year  :-))

Yes Mart I'm finally getting round to building it  {-) {-) {-)

Cheers
Scoop

Haha better late than never Stuart,like the sound of the build thread will keep my eye out for that one cheers for letting us know  ;).
Ill be sending Ian one of the small cig hulls once i get the deck on so he can build her for fast electric.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 02:44:28 pm »

Haha better late than never Stuart,like the sound of the build thread will keep my eye out for that one cheers for letting us know  ;).
Ill be sending Ian one of the small cig hulls once i get the deck on so he can build her for fast electric.
Mart
Aye chap, I think I'm going to put a brushless in my 40" Cig as well  :-))
Cheers
Scoop

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 10:11:28 pm »

Seeing I am shopping around if any one knows of any other companies that build
large mono hulls like this let me know.  Thanks for all your help David
Hi David,

Did you check MHZ:
http://www.mhz-modellbau.de/
and Hydro&Marine:
http://www.hydromarine.de/
Both have large hulls, generally all epoxy (lighter and stronger than polyester) at similar prices as Lorenz.

Basically there's no need to go overboard on exotic materials like Kevlar and carbon, 'plain' glass and epoxy are plenty strong.

Regarding my remark on the Lorenz hulls; I stand corrected, they are made in Germany and the Chinese hulls are most likely a knock off of this (and other German and US) designs.

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

dillinger 03

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »

Hi David,

Did you check MHZ:
http://www.mhz-modellbau.de/
and Hydro&Marine:
http://www.hydromarine.de/
Both have large hulls, generally all epoxy (lighter and stronger than polyester) at similar prices as Lorenz.

Basically there's no need to go overboard on exotic materials like Kevlar and carbon, 'plain' glass and epoxy are plenty strong.

Regarding my remark on the Lorenz hulls; I stand corrected, they are made in Germany and the Chinese hulls are most likely a knock off of this (and other German and US) designs.

Regards, Jan.
.             Hi thanks for the information I appreciate when setting up a new hull does any one know if there is an advantage to metal motor carriers  over traditional wood ones .

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »

Hi David,

A metal motormount acts as a heatsink, cooling the motor bolted onto it.
When the motor in question is an outrunner, watercooling that mount is the only way to cool the motor.

Other than that, I have made motormounts out of 3 mm plastic card, and out of wood, reinforced with glasscloth and epoxy resin, but the motors bolted all had a watercooling jacket, or a spiral, if this was required.

In my fast electrics, I make a motormount over the entire beam of the hull out of epoxy sheet, in order to spread the load applied by the motor.

With an inrunner with a (home made) cooling jacket:

And with an outrunner with an added watercooler:

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.