Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll Call For Wicksteed Duck Race...  (Read 3426 times)

bikerdude666

Roll Call For Wicksteed Duck Race...
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:25:32 am »

Can anyone who has already made a duck or is planning on entering the duck race this year at wicksteed, please reply to this thread, if your name, along with the name of your duck isn't on the list below, please pm me with both and I will add you to the list.

Davidsg1a: Donald Macduck
Colin: odd job
Martin: sir Francis
Big bri: leftenant soggybottom (dunno if you really wanted that 1, just scanning through the thread spotting the names)
Chingdevil: yellow submarine
Me: duck(s) of hazard
My gf:

Also could you please state whether you will be using a 2.4Ghz TX/RX or the older frequencies, we don't want clashes on old frequencies.

Recap of the rules (slightly amended)

1: electric only but no restrictions on size of motor/s, batteries, prop, water jet. But please remember this is a fun thing not a serious race.

2: no major mods to the hull, ie no mounting the duck on a powerboat hull. Restricted to the fitting of a keel or some small fins to help keep it straight. I was personally thinking of a longish keel with a fishing weight on the bottom, but that's your decision.

3: Originally a flag was to be flown on each duck to identify it, however, as people seem to be painting their ducks in custom colour schemes, the flag seems a bit unnecessary, so instead if you have a colour scheme in mind or another distinctive mod, please state it so no one else does the same, from memory, black and white dazzle camo is taken, as it a top hat and scarf....

4: the duck needs to be either the 1 from Hawkins bazaar, or 1 the same size, available from various places on the internet (I believe 'Hawkins Bazaar' has gone or is going into administration)

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
Re: Roll Call For Wicksteed Duck Race...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:46:32 am »

Hello,

I will be bringing "Quacker".
A "scale" duck, the only one I could buy.
Tx will be on 2.4Gig.

John.   :-)
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

TugCowboy

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:29:56 pm »

I'm in, on 2.4 with "Bandit" the duck.

Can you confirm which duck it's to be though, Hawkins did 2 sizes, a 32cm x 27cm one and a much smaller one.

bikerdude666

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »

Can't remember the exact size, but it was the giant 1, 32cmX27cm sounds about right, I'll have a look and confirm...

bikerdude666

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:56:29 pm »

Davidsg1a: Donald Macduck
Colin: odd job
Martin: sir Francis
Big bri: leftenant soggybottom (dunno if you really wanted that 1, just scanning through the thread spotting the names)
Chingdevil: yellow submarine
Me: duck(s) of hazard
My gf:
Jaydee: Quacker
TugCowboy: Bandit

Had a look and the duck dimensions should be 32CM long and 27CM high.

It was suggested a separate race be held for brushed/brushless, but as so far there is only 1 brushless duck, that's not looking likely.

TugCowboy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

As mine was the brushless, I will convert it to the archaic , sorry, brushed motor and ESC if demands dictate ;)

In the same vein I assume we will be shouting at the ducks and hoping they have the decency to move as requested rather than use these new fangled "radio" controllers?  {-)
Alex

bikerdude666

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »

As mine was the brushless, I will convert it to the archaic , sorry, brushed motor and ESC if demands dictate ;)

In the same vein I assume we will be shouting at the ducks and hoping they have the decency to move as requested rather than use these new fangled "radio" controllers?  {-)
Alex

{-) I have no problems mixing brushed and brushless, I did state at the start that there were NO motor restrictions, so no need for you to change the motor now, we all had the choice to do what we wanted. Believe it or not, it's not that serious a race, the idea was for fun, no bogging down with rules and restrictions, there's enough of those already in life...

colin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 07:39:52 pm »

Odd Job has the wobbly hat and scarf, and a brushless motor
Will be using 2.4
Colin
Born free Taxed to death.

The long Build

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 07:50:55 pm »

This is almost seriel.. {-) {-)

chingdevil

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:24 pm »

Yellow Submarine is on the slipway and progressing slowly, slight problem with the prop shaft angle. I am not into dressing up ducks, so not sure how to dress mine :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.