Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Kit "Fairmount Alpine"  (Read 3031 times)

David 48

Billings Kit "Fairmount Alpine"
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:02 am »

Is  anyone out there building Fairmount Alpine .I am takeing delivery this week, It would be good to swap ideas.

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings Kit "Fairmount Alpine"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:36:47 am »

If you do a search from the box on the home page, you'll find some entries for the Fairmount Alpine. Look for AVWS posts - Wilhelm makes really impressive models

dash8man

• Full Mayhemer

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

Ive had this kit for a few weeks, my plan is to build it in the winter time as i can take it inside. I also have the Aziz kit ready to go at some point soon. So thats my plans after my scratch northwestern  {-)

I hope you will chart your progress with the fairmont :-))

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »

I have the kit too, I have made a small start on it. I am still collecting infrormation & as many photos as I can. If you search under Fairmount Summit you will find more information than searching under "Alpine". I have put the build on the back burner as I am building the Model Slipway Tamar first. I have figured out how to put in the rear bow truster though & am looking to add a lot of detail. I am using all ACTion electronics & if you look at their site you can view the wiring diagrams Dave has done for me. Any questions just PM me. Mick B. PS =Wilhelm's build is well under way & he builds really great models & would be a very good tread to follow, he is also very helpfull.
Mick B.

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 09:26:45 pm »

there is fantastic pictures on a dutch website/forum.....sadly its in dutch and i cant understand it. still the pics are good reference. The fairmont sherpa is another one to reasearch as there were 6 identical built or something like that. :-))

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:46 pm »

Chris I think you can click at the top & get an English translation if I remember correctly. Someone on here should be able to put us right, help please, Mick B.
Mick B.

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »

I have now got my build of Fairmount Alpine under way  and deliberated about a Stern thruster well I have finale done the deed and fitted one. Its a bit tight and I had to put two skins of ply on either side of the keel. Cutting down the the thruster leaves very little room for the O ring seal  .If you see Bent Immertreu build ,he has pictures on google, I made a template out of two mil ply  of the thruster body centered it on the existing hole in the keel and cut out the minimum of the wood this was done after it was all glued up .I would recommend to make a template of the keel shape before it is glued up so you have a pattern to go over where it has been cut out . I also redrilled the thruster body and  and made new mounting hole for the motor using two mil nuts and bolts, captivating the nuts with Epoxy .I have pictures I will post when I work out how to move them about the computer.   
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.