Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay / Paypal problems...  (Read 8645 times)

The long Build

Re: Ebay / Paypal problems...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:19 pm »

He was thrown out from that address, which was different from the one i sent the model to,

<*<

Well all the best in trying to get your money back, Ebay is a useful site However these sort of occurrences seem to be on the increase and ebay is no longer the fun it used to be,,

Welsh Wizard

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

If he was thrown out of that address the first question is Did YOU send it to that address

2nd if not what address....if different then sorry NO leg to stand on

3 if Buyer is saying it be still his addy then living somewhere else then he is ILLEGAL BUYING amd against ebay policy

WHY NOT GO TO THE OTHER ADDRESS AND COLLECT YOUR GOODS

Dave

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 07:03:18 pm »

The address in Brechin is where the tank is according to TNT
Have you knocked on the door with a couple of mates in tow?

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

The long Build

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 09:31:53 pm »

I really think that you have a case with customer services, Yes thare is a signature , however it can be proved that TNT /Parcel2go  delivered to the incorrect Address therefore it stands to reason that the signature is also incorrect, I would say keep chasing this. Although if the Welsh Dragon sorry Wizard   :} was at my door I probably would give it back.. 8)

The long Build

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

Hope no one is selling Fakes !!

http://www.regretsy.com/?s=violin

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »

This is why paypal and ebay need to be reined in
another instance in Oz where paypal is being taken on

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/heartbreaking-paypal-orders-buyer-to-destroy-antique-violin-20120106-1pnwu.html

The readers comments make interesting reading .

Wullie they sound familiar don't you think.
Go to your bank and claim a refund due to unauthorised transaction on your account.

wullie/mk2

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 11:56:43 am »

If he was thrown out of that address the first question is Did YOU send it to that address

2nd if not what address....if different then sorry NO leg to stand on

3 if Buyer is saying it be still his addy then living somewhere else then he is ILLEGAL BUYING amd against ebay policy

WHY NOT GO TO THE OTHER ADDRESS AND COLLECT YOUR GOODS

Dave
The address to which i sent the model was the one he had registered  with ebay,..as for going to the other address to collect the goods,if all else fails, I will, but as it is, its up to him, to get it to me, not me to run around hunting it down,because after all, my home address is registered with ebay, I sent him a backup email with my address, then he decides to send it to a totally different address,..then when i point this out to him, he sends me...LoL

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »

When you are selling something via fleabay \ paypal, the 'buyer's' feedback rating is immaterial. If they win the auction, there is a legal contract between the seller & buyer according to fleabay rules. You cannot go through their FB and go 'oh, the FB is a bit negative so Im not selling.'

You can Actually but it would affect your DSRs.Or you could say you posted the item and not actually post it, all against Ebay Rules and I'm noy saying its right but it happens.. Also you can block certain types of buyers from bidding on your dash board probably the easier option , although in this case not much help.

However my reference to the feedback is that if they appear to have a lot of "Oh the item never arrived" or such it can be used as evidence to Ebay C'Services

If that buyer then says the item hasnt arrived or doesnt work, the seller is the one who has to worry. Fleabay \ paypal have made it far too easy for buyers to claim the item hasnt been delivered or doesnt work. That's not to say every seller is whiter than white either.

Fully Agree
And selling stuff on fleabay isnt that cheap any more either. On an item selling for £300 or so, expect in the region of £40 in charges from fleabay \ paypal for insertion, selling and commission etc.

Again Fully Agree, but for general stuff there is not much competive competition, The Free listing weekends  (One this Weekend ) help a bit but not much

Sorry, had a bit of difficulty reading your comments.

The DSR's (distance selling regs) dont apply to internet auctions unless you mean something else?

Yes, you can remove bids from people with low feedback while the auction is in progress but once the auction has ended, Im not sure there is much you can do about it.

Think we both \ all agree that fleabay is a rip off type person's paradise though!

The long Build

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 10:41:47 pm »

Sorry, DSR on Ebay other than as you correctly state stand for "Distance Selling Regulations" ,

However as fleebay appear to also be a law unto themselves, also stands for "  Detailed Seller Ratings " this is where buyers get the opportunity to leave fair and accurate feed back   {-)  on a 5 star rating system, however it is well known that this system is highly abused.. particularly as you can say that the seller was Fantastic, A credit to fleebay and then leave 5 x 1 star ratings..And the nature of the system these ratings are also anonymous but can result in you loosing the right to sell, But strangely not the right to buy !!

Think we both \ all agree that fleabay is a rip off type person's paradise though!  .....is certainly going that way rapidly.. :-))

Welsh Wizard

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:44 pm »

Lord only Knows Martin I honestly dont think they are on the same Planet as us

Dave

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »

Can't tell their full stops from a smudge on the screen.  (Typo's ?)

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

cos918

• Full Mayhemer

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

Yes, good point about money laundering, also don't forget fleabay doesn't care or bother about checking for duplicate accounts and teams working together pushing prices up etc.
So long a they get their fees they are not going to spend time and effort policing rules etc, because it cuts into their profits, when they can leave it up to users to complain etc.

The long Build

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 10:41:53 pm »

Although I do not doubt that Laundering does take place, I sincerely doubt that this is the case for the examples, Particularly if you look at the feed back and Items sold..

It is Common Practice for some of these "Power Sellers" if they have run out of stock or just want to get you to look at at Item , see that, that particular item is not available but you still look at their shop, As I have previously stated it is a way to keep your listings on the top page as more hits means more Presence in the search engines... :}  IMHOP

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 12:05:15 am »

The long Build

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »

Looks Like Ebay & Paypal could be in for a rough time..

Mainly about the Fact that in theory you can not refuse Paypal as a method of Payment for an Item sold on Ebay, but if you sell something that is then collected and PP is used , You Have NO Protection at all..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jan/27/is-paypal-safe-protection

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:34 pm »

A Warning, something I was not aware off.

You also have no protection whatsoever if you don't make a claim within 45 days of the transaction date.

Just bought from HK and it took a couple of months to get to OZ, Christmas mail, large box etc.

Until the goods arrived, no way of knowing goods not as described.

Short version, so lodged a claim which was automatically rejected.

Contacted Paypal where is buyer protection.

Nil, have to claim within 45 day of transaction date.

Asked how could I do that until goods received.

"When the 45 day time is nearing expiry lodge a complaint for goods not received and the they will amend it to not as described."

Bottom line, if you want buyer protection and are buying from overseas, you should automatically lodge a complaint until the goods are received.

Commonsense says, the 45 days should apply from date of receipt, but no they won't budge, 45 after transaction date.

So beware.

Good end result, because in the end, the seller was reputable and refunded my paypal account, no thanks to paypal.

Safer and more protection to revert to using my credit card on overseas transactions.

Was taking the matter further with OZ Financial ombudsman, but issue is now resolved to my satisfaction and I won't be using paypal again not worth it.

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »

Lost out on a £98.00 Xmas present for my grandson. Bought from the internet, seller sent a cheaper different item to what I had ordered (purposely I feel sure), couldn't get any remiss with them so complained to paypal who found in my favour and told me to return the item to a different address from whence it came.

I informed them of this by telephone before returning the item, they assured me the address for return was correct and to send it to the address as outlined by them, also upon receipt of a scanned copy of the certificate of posting with the tracking number they would remit a full refund.

Heard nothing for days, did a tracking search only to find no such address existed and the parcel was held at a Southern postal depot.  Contacted Paypal and informed them of same - the response was about as good as "Tough that's the address we have on file" !! after stating that whatever you say about the address my money's gone somewhere and I posted the item where YOU told me to - it cost me £9 to get back the inferior junk and not even an apology from Paypal.   >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*<

scoop

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 08:44:00 pm »

Looks Like Ebay & Paypal could be in for a rough time..

Mainly about the Fact that in theory you can not refuse Paypal as a method of Payment for an Item sold on Ebay, but if you sell something that is then collected and PP is used , You Have NO Protection at all..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jan/27/is-paypal-safe-protection
I never use paypal for buying or selling, I always state in my selling adverts payment by cheque, postal order or cash on collection ONLY.  :-))
If I'm buying I always contact the seller to see if they will accept cheque, PO or cash on collection, usually it's not a problem, I stear clear of adverts with  PAYPAL ONLY typed into the description for obvious reasons ! O0

Cheers Scoop

The long Build

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

Scoop

Firstly What you put on your ads would not bother me However :-

If you are talking about adverts on Ebay, and you put what you have stated unless you are selling a Car, then you are just about breaking every rule of Ebay and am surprised you are still able to sell there..

Rules state You Must Offer Paypal as a payment option...else you are deemed a non performing seller or such..

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 09:47:37 pm »

More and more sellers, eBay and on the web, are now charging a percentage surcharge if the buyer uses paypal.

Question is whilst you may have to offer paypal as an option, why can't you can refuse payment via paypal, after all it is a "contract" between you and the buyer not paypal.

Same as all the other conditions, pick up only, etc.

Last but not least the ebay and paypal rules work to suit them,paypal & ebay as they see fit, read all the previous threads for examples and reasons why this is so.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.