Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painting Brush or Spray  (Read 1912 times)

westie-uk

Painting Brush or Spray
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:52:41 am »

Hello,

I havent had much time for modelling lately due to a house move and hospital treatment but I am now
ready to make some progress on my Revell HMCS Snowberry. I have looked at the builds photo's on this
forum and I am very impressed with the paint scheme on the models. I would like to ask for members
opinions as to whether brush painting or spray painting is best. I have my hull built and have given it a
thin coat or primer, which was bought from Halfords, using a spray can. This initial coat is just so I can
see what needs more work around the join section of the front and rear hull sections, which didnt fit
together very well. I don't have an airbrush at the moment but I am considering buying one but if you
think brushing will give as good a result I will save my money.

I did use Halfords spray paints for my Seawind and I am quite pleased with the result but this was a one
colour hull so was easy with the spray cans although quite expensive due to the amount of coats I gave
it

Look forward to you replies

regards
Fred

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Painting Brush or Spray
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:14 am »

Have a look around the site Fred, there is a huge amount of advice on painting and finishing, in afct there is a whole section devoted to Painting, Finishing & Care and this recent topic http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34145.0 may be particularly relevant to your question.

Colin

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Painting Brush or Spray
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:40 am »

In addition to Colin's suggestion, you may also find this thread worthwhile:

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27859.0

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.