Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vladyka MTB 67 build  (Read 11608 times)

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Vladyka MTB 67 build
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 12:20:24 am »

Wonder what his next project was/is.

At the moment, he's distracted by the Air Cadets and life in general.  I'll try to drag him back to the "true" faith eventually though  O0

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 12:48:04 pm »

Don't you dare pull him away from the ATC., he might never get the chance (or realise what's available) to do it again. Always wanted to go to an ASR base for a "Boat" trip. Having said that, waggling the stick in a "Chippie" at 14, Same in a glider at 16 and Air exp. flights over the North Sea in a Varsity more than made up.

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 01:02:56 pm »

Ian,

Have no fear, he wont be dragged away from the ATC by me.  I wish I was his age and I'd join myself  {:-{ .

It seems like a fabulous organisation and far better than the local scouts - which he left to join up as soon as he could.  He's going on a week long camp with the ATC very soon....I am so jealous!  I wanted to be a pilot when I was a boy but BA told me that, as there'd not be much demand for pilots in the future, I'd best look at something else  :o <*<

Cheers!

Robert.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 01:07:25 pm »

I got looped in a Sedberg glider off a winch tow, I think we had about 10ft clearance.  Was a bet between RAF instructor and RAF ground crew.   Rest of the cadets thought I was lucky !    Best flight was in a Sunderland flying boat out of West Freugh over Ireland and the Atlantic Ocean, used the Elsan :embarrassed:  and made bacon butties for the aircrew on the hotplate O0  (not in that order !)  .    Loved the vibrating fabric sides of the Ansons %% .   Yes keep him in the Air Cadets. :-))
..well can you land on this?

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »

Don't know how much annual camp is now, Was 10/- for the week, 50p for the great unwashed. Lot more available to dump er send us to 50 years ago.  Worst was Manston, vast stretch of bu**er all to do. Their claim to fame was being a major diversion airfield, could dump foam three feet onto the runway so a crashing plane wouldn't spark.

Regards   Ian.

Hm, My last flight of the day in a MK3 was for the instructor to beat up the "Box crew" waggon and then "Park" it in the hanger. First day was frightening the c**p out of us with "Attack - Attack - Attack" by our two instructors, both ex WW2 pilots.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

Hi Harqebus,did you persue the Vladyka MTB? Mine is almost ready for launch,real pleasure to assemble,perhaps a few too many fiddly bits of plastic to lose,but the fit and finish of the molded main parts is superb.Wished it was slightly larger too,but for the outlay,can't complain.Bob.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.