Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CALLING ALL ONLINE GAMERS TO AMERICA'S ARMY !!  (Read 1217 times)

stevesteve

• Full Mayhemer
CALLING ALL ONLINE GAMERS TO AMERICA'S ARMY !!
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

Hi everyone, Ive been playing since 2004 and have been totally addicted since.
Americas army is a first person army game/simulator created by the U.S army themselves and given to the public for free as a recruitment/pr tool.
Unlike other shooters, theres no unrealistic Fancy weapons that you wouldn't get in real combat, you get what U.S army soldiers are issued with. The army has gone to great lengths to create realistic in-game physics so that weapons and people behave as close to real life as is possible. The very first version of AA was realised in 2002 and it has seen many updates through the years and in June 2009 received a complete overhall when it moved from unreal game engine 2 to 3 bringing it up to date with current game standards and has had a handfull of updates since then also.

There are no single player levels, this is a online multiplayer team based game, you fight against other online players with other online players in teams of varying sizes.
unlike Call Of Duty and Battlefield, theres no instant respawn, once your dead you stay that way until the round ends (rounds typically have a 4-5min timer on them) by one team completing the objectives or all players in one team being eliminated, this makes teamwork and strategy a big part of the game instead of Rambo wannabe's running around by themselves.
there is currently 7 different maps and several scenarios playable for each  each map - defend/assault, take and hold, VIP extraction, activated object, and carryable objective.
The game is totally free, system requirements are as follows-

Minimum Requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP (with Service Pack 2)
Processor (CPU)
3.0+ GHz Single Core CPU
Memory (RAM)
1GB RAM
Video Card
Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better)
Sound Card
Direct X 9.0c compliant sound card (Minimum)
Hard Drive Space
5GB free hard drive space
Network
Broadband Internet Connection

Recommended Requirements:

Microsoft Windows Vista
Processor (CPU)
2.4+ GHz Dual/Quad Core CPU
Memory
2GB RAM
Video Card
Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 7950 or better/ATI X1950 or better)
Sound Card
Creative EAX 4.0 compliant sound card (Audigy 2, X-Fi series)
Hard Drive Space
5GB free hard drive space
Network
Broadband Internet Connection

Theres plenty of American and Canadian players online but UK players are very thin on the ground since AA3 was released, and i only know of a couple of other UK players compared to entire clans that used to roam the servers in the old version of AA.
we the Brits well respected within the AA comunity and I am a server Admin for one of the clans and play every night, check this game out and join us.
Game trailer-   http://youtu.be/OYLXRtqnfZI?hd=1
game website- http://www.americasarmy.com/aa3.php

pettyofficernick

Re: CALLING ALL ONLINE GAMERS TO AMERICA'S ARMY !!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:45:14 am »

I'm up for it, but I only have mobile broardband dongle for internet access at 460 kilobytes per sec, do you think that would be fast enough? :-)) :-)) :-))

stevesteve

• Full Mayhemer
Re: CALLING ALL ONLINE GAMERS TO AMERICA'S ARMY !!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:19:20 am »

I'm up for it, but I only have mobile broardband dongle for internet access at 460 kilobytes per sec, do you think that would be fast enough? :-)) :-)) :-))

you might suffer lag, i couldent say for sure ether way. the problem is the 5gb download! they have just changed the way its installed, you used to be able to extract the install files from the online installer and svae them for if you had to reinstall your pc so that you did not need to download again. there is a backup function that copies the files but i am unsure if it works between accounts and pc's. if it can be done you could ether download it on a mates pc and connection and copy it or i could try and burn it to dvd's, that would save you 5gb of downloading!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.