Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Novice from Scotland  (Read 1502 times)

chris gillespie

Novice from Scotland
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »

Hi everyone

Ive been floating about for a few weeks, this section has thus far escaped my attention, so im here to say a little bit.

Ive been round the world, bricklayer by trade, worked on a creel boat every weekend for 6 years when i was 9 til 15. I truly love boats, life has now afforded me some time to make one.

Although its lost its edge in the last few series, Deadliest Catch is one of my favourite programs. The Northwestern is my favourite, forward wheelhouse everytime.

Ive no modelling experience...nope not even the flesh the universe didnt bless me with chisled looks and body. I built a birdhouse a few years ago

Ive started making the Northwestern my thread is below
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34638.msg347456;boardseen#new

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisgillespie1/sets/72157628647156587/

When i started id never carved, worked with fibreglass, filled or sanded anything, limited knowledge of paints and absolutely no clue about electronics or radio control.
Hopefully you will join me in my adventure and discoveries

nhp651

Re: Novice from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »

well, I think you have made an mis-statement there when you say you have no modelling skills, Chris.

your bird house is quite superb, and if your Northwestern is anywhere near the quality of the bird house...you'll have a cracker.
neil.

chris gillespie

Re: Novice from Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »

well, I think you have made an mis-statement there when you say you have no modelling skills, Chris.

your bird house is quite superb, and if your Northwestern is anywhere near the quality of the bird house...you'll have a cracker.
neil.

Thanks Neil

Its encouragement like yours, that inspires to keep going and do better cheers, Only the wife has raved about the birdhouse which is still in the garden, so i appreciate your comments :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.