Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A quality boat stand - What do you use for your power boats?  (Read 2234 times)

Craig Dickson

A quality boat stand - What do you use for your power boats?
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »

Hi Folks
This topic may seem a bit bland to say the least. However for me when ever building a new IC power boat the very first thing I start with is a quality stand made to fit the hull. That way the build process is easier. And at the lake side the stand has to give maximum safety/stability  when starting my IC engine with minimal risk of fouling the prop during the process. I so often see boats slip off their stand or the propeller catch the edge of the stand which is not good.
I make my stands out of marine grade Ply Wood and always fit rubber or nylon feet (door stoppers are excellent) for stability and to avoid marking the base of the woodwork (kept well clear of the ground).
This photo shows a stand I recently built for my new project ( the FSRV Prestwich Thunder).

This photo shows the raw hull to be fitted with a Zen7 petrol engine. The boat build project will for me be challenging as it is an Epoxy hull so I will be working with new materials.  

Are boat stands really that important? What do you think?

Cheers
Craig

cuppa

Re: A quality boat stand - What do you use for your power boats?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53:46 pm »

There used to be a company that made some quite nice fibreglass boat stands but I don't think the stands are sold now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.