Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: its my FAST GUN BOAT..FT 12..  (Read 6275 times)

rathikrishna

its my FAST GUN BOAT..FT 12..
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:22:30 am »

Good morning all Friends..Colleagues..Modelers..
what is the recipie for a good looking and stunningly performing craft..? yes..buy a kit of laser cut..read and study instructions ..follow instructions..and finish..sure, but imagine that we sees a craft, while driving bay, and yes an extra ordinary one..yes want to make it..so..?  serches for old scraped parts, of wood, and all other..start, by looking in to plan, as it down loaded from net..in request..hard labour..for weeks some times it will goes to months..heavy cost..and no idea about the stabilty..so, we adds lots of led weights to make stable her..result..poor performance..or high performance at high costs..
                But, realize the thing, that we can make any craft in to any size, and any type..with thermocol..(expanded Polystrene)..and that we do not need any money for the materials...!! usually i collect lots of thermocol sheets from, nearest town, as this town is Governed by Central Gov, is under Union Teritory, is Mahe, and the tax here is too low..so ample of purchases happens here a day..most of the refrigerator and TV sellers drops their packages in dump, but now they keeps all thermocol packages for me...and all they are happy that their scraps are cleanned automatically..but me..its all treasures..loads of basic materials...in various grades..yes..and thinking again..and thanking again to God that for the oppertunity..
               And i realizes, many modelers stay away from modelmaking, because of the high cost..but look once here..its too easy and too inexpensive to build a craft..scaled..semiscaled..war machine..cruiser..big ships..patrol..aircrafts..longs....or purely from imagination...
all we know, art is a divine matter..its all a Gift from God..and the art is a medicine for human being..i have a person here, was my class mate from school..and beacme a drunkad..was kicked out even from the de addiction centre..i always sees him as i goes to canal side for R\C boating..basically he is also an artist..after metriculation he went to fine arts college, and i to poly..and after few days he came to me, just to look the crafts in water..and now he stopped drinking and joined us..with modelling..now he is also started making models..and taking medicines to eliminate the withdrawel symptoms..i am thanking god, as he is an excellent painter..now, around the clock..he is with boating...see the amazing power of art..!!..

so if the art is the real gift..think about the model making..!!!  when i drops my cheek on to the procecium arch, of my dioramas..with lights on..i feels it as real..a magical world..amazig experiences..so making a model is far advaced than drawing a picture of same..so..? yes..we must make models..up to our own..non stop..creations..and yes..making..so, it came here and following..so..? yes here is my new Fast Gun Boat..is born..
i Took 6 days to complete this craft, along with 7 others..still happy because she is a beautifully stunning one...from last 5 years, i completed lots of PT boats in various scales..Elco..Huggins..and many..some of them carried by my Friends..and some "handled" by my little son Kundoos...the bigger scale was 1:12..so repeating the same is a waste..so i decided to make one my own that matches the scale of usually used crafts..1:28th..
so as usual, i started with thermocol..after test runs i followed the work...

rathikrishna

Re: its my FAST GUN BOAT..FT 12..
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:30:35 am »

she spans in to 22 inches and beamed to 7 inches..in to a shallow V..with ridges to lift her..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 04:37:25 am »

sorry for the repeated postings..hard to upload..
all super structures are papers...
the craft is purely from my imagination, and not a copy..and accepted many aspects from many machines..for an example, the cabin crew was taken from the inspired locomotive shunter, that i saw from Olavakode Junc:...

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 04:40:55 am »

the window is lined by paper stipes..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:50:43 am »

i told you all..the crew cabin is inspired from a loco shunter..and in my imagination, this craft is a mixture of vintage and moders aspects..the crew cabin makes a nostalgia in mind with is vintage look...
while the total appeareance of the craft is modern.. :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 05:13:16 am »

she is controlled by a micro servo, one is reworked for greater torque..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 05:14:39 am »

all detailing is carried out by..yes as usual by paper..later seasoned..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 05:16:32 am »

the firing and control radar radome is made of a bottle cap...

the cannon barrels are from ear buds..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 05:19:47 am »

she is equipped with two main cannons one in nose and one in astern..the bow gun is from my imagination, is a heavy A/P gun, capable of AAA.
while the astern cannon pod conceals two cannons, one H/V and one A/P along with AAA capability..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 05:21:03 am »

now almost structures are complete..so time to season..to water proof..

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:23:38 am »

i painted her in glazing silver, is a color one amplifies as it gleams in sunlight..a aggressive effect to a gun boat...

the gas tank was made out of body of a sketch pen, and its two ends were capped with PU putty, and later turned on a drill..

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:50 am »

fig shows the finishing efforts of the gas tank..

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 05:26:30 am »

the finished gas tank and painted..

life rafts are made of PVC pipe and papers..

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 05:27:46 am »

rafts are painted with silver enamel, added with talcum powder to get a textured effect..

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:31:16 am »

RB rocket pods are made of drinking straws..
covered with drawing paper..as its sheath..

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 05:34:59 am »

later painted with enamel paint in to olive drab..

all we know that a high speed craft is tend to unbalance at high speeds..so, usually we adds a lots of weight to get some balance..or choose a deep V..is not feasible for calm water...so, i implemented a simple solution, like this..a very low CG with these simple led weights added a lots of stability even at planning throttle...the pro is made of washers and nuts..works perfectly...

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:22 am »

the stand is made of simple ply wood piece..
and later painted in matte black..

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40:50 am »

now she is an RTR....from "O" to RTR..in just 6 days..see how simple and easy to make one craft...!!!

powered by a 4 channel radio, in MHz, to avoid a huge heavy antenna in craft, i used a hand made PLUC propagator, along with th TX antenna, and used a PLUC Flange in craft..it eliminates the need of a cumbersome antenna..and gives me a longest range possible..

see how stunning she is...

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:04 am »

in any angle she is aggressive... :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 05:44:06 am »

showing the exhaust cooler cum smoke screen generator...
rocket launchers..

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 05:45:56 am »

yes..? crafts without lighting..?  never..she is fully illuminated..

starboard and port..navigation lights...

rathikrishna

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 05:47:36 am »

wrooooommmmm...ready to strike...

see how balanced she is...

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 05:49:10 am »

bow gun in detail..its not a copy..but from my imaginations...

and see my Brave..Captain..

rathikrishna

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 05:51:17 am »

finally..she on her duty...1St mission... protect our banks from intruding crows... :-))

oye..Sir..at your service Capt:....

rathikrishna

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 05:55:08 am »

and see how fast she is...

i fixed a head lock gyro, from a scraped helicopter, and its comparator out put is chosen to reduce the motor RPM, when a turn signal is applied..so you can see the stability of the craft even at high speeds, in waving water, while turns in a perfect angles because of this..i reprogrammed the ESC accordingly, while altering the output mode of the gyro..it worked..and can see in the video, as it stable as a razor blade...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.