Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kindle mains charger  (Read 1783 times)

Big Ada

Kindle mains charger
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:20:10 pm »

I have bought a Kindle, the one without the visable Keyboard.
I would like to charge it from a 13amp plug socket as I do not want my Computer left on for 3 hours to charge it up.
My question is, I have noticed that an Ipod mains charger 13 amp/usb plug look the same, could i just attach the Ipod 13amp/usb plug to my Kindle usb lead or will I blow my Kindle Up!!!.

Thanks for helping the aged.

Len.

jimmy2310

Re: Kindle mains charger
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

Big Ada, you can now buy a 3 pin plug with a USB fitting designed for devices just like a Kindle and iPODs etc, I've bought one recently myself for £3-50 to charge up my daughters Ipod works fine. Bought it from a local mobile phone shop.

Jimmy

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »

I agree with Jimmy - any mains adapter which has a USB output will do. I use one of several that I have for my Kindle, although my Kindle, older version, did come with one :-)

Barrie

catengineman

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »

I use my ipod USB charger to charge my phone via the USB lead, also to charge the ipod dock and a picture storage thing which is also recharged via the USB port
So rather than carry all the charger plugs I only carry the one and then a set of USB plug adapters which then save on carrying all the various leads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.