Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Victory – JoTiKa Kit  (Read 21945 times)

evertonandy

HMS Victory – JoTiKa Kit
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

I have built model boats in the past but it was a few years ago but last Easter I decided to take up the hobby again. With that in mind I thought I would give myself a challenge so bought the JoTiKa kit of the HMS Victory at the same time I kitted myself out with a workbench and a range of tools. I find building this kit a good way to relax after work. I have multiple sclerosis and for the last 20 years it has affected my mobility but a couple of years ago it progressed to my shoulders, elbows and wrists. With having this condition I find spending time on the build also helps with keeping my concentration and keeping my finger supple doing the fine details.

I would like to share my photos of my progress so far and will do this in stages as I have been build this boat since last Easter it has progressed quite a bit.

Here is the first set of photos:

evertonandy

Re: HMS Victory – JoTiKa Kit
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:19 pm »

Here are my second set of photos:

evertonandy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »

Third set of photos:

evertonandy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:23 pm »

Fourth set of photos as can be seen second planking has been done and have painted the hull.

evertonandy

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:42:09 pm »

In the fifth set of photos you can see that the painting is complete and have started copper plating the hull 2500 copper plates

evertonandy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:27 pm »

In this set of photos more images of the copper plating

evertonandy

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:47:08 pm »

Final photos of the copper plates this stage took me a couple of months to complete due to work and other comitments.

thelegos

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:53:51 pm »

That's a serious challenge and you're making great progress; very nice. My dad used to build sailing ships although my scope is much less ambitious, each one could take a couple of years and the rigging a complete minefield %%

Looking very good, keep it coming  :-))
Roger

evertonandy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

As of today 25/01/2012 this is where I am in the build so far cannons have been put in place and am now waiting for a magnifying glass to arrive so that I can rig them to the decks. As mentioned this build has been going on since Easter 2011 and I am happy with my progress so far. Time is a factor as I try and fit in building at the weekends due to the fact that I work in the week. I have found doing this build so far enjoyable and a great way to unwind from work.  :-)

evertonandy

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:02 pm »

Hi Roger
Thanks for the post not even thought about the rigging yet but am enjoying the challenge so far.

barryfoote

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:34 pm »

Looking good. It took me over a year just to rig mine....Things to look forward to... %%

wartsilaone

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »

Fantastic build, looking forward to seeing the finished model. Very well done under the circumstances.

Ali.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 03:04:32 pm »

Very impressive.    :-))

I shall be following your build with interest. I was given a type of ship like this but found out it wasn't the Victory. I can see the differences with the one I've got. The Victory is certainly a stunning ship.

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

evertonandy

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »

Hi All

thanks for all the comments and i will keep posting my photos as the build progresses

richtea

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:18 pm »

WOW,
that is a nice looking build you've got there Andy,
good luck with the rest of the build.
Regards
Richard  :-))

mikearace

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:44 pm »

That is very very nice indeed.

evertonandy

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 06:47:01 pm »

Yesterday I started rigging the cannons it was a struggle as not been well last couple of days. It took me all day to thread one side of eyelets and next stage is to attach to other eyelet. Hopefully this will happen this week as not in work due to it being half term but do have other stuff I need to do so hopefully by the end of the week this stage should be complete.  :-)

Down below

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

Super build  :-))

Can I ask where you got your crew figures from?

evertonandy

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

Hi
The crew figures are : British Sailors and Marines x 80 figures and 8 naval cannons and made by HAT I got them from:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?department=&product_type_id=1878&type=&manufacturer_id=8043&search=&arrival_date=&stock=&product_division_id=&product_category_id=&setPerPage=25&scale_id=956&exact=0&code=&pictures_only=&keyword_search=&sort=catalogue&search_direction=asc&pageID=5

i had to wait for them to come in stock but if you do a search you might find another siht that sells them
if link does not work let me know. I also got some metal figures from the model dockyard web address

http://www.model-dockyard.com/

Down below

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »

Thanks for the link  :-))

evertonandy

• Shipmate
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 11:04:52 am »

Not put anymore photos on for a while this is due to a number of things, moving house, busy time at work. At the moment concentrating on painting the figures for my boat and will post pictures as soon  as i have finished them. Once all the figures are painted i will then be carrying on with my build.

evertonandy

• Shipmate
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:35 am »

!!!!!!!!!!Only take 11 months!!!!!!!!!! Well started doing my cannons in January 11 months later all finished completed the middle deck. It took a long time to do the cannons and I know you will not see them when the build is finished but I am a bit of a perfectionist. Now after various things going can spend time on continuing will the build and hopefully keep this page up to date with my progress.

evertonandy

• Shipmate
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 05:02:13 am »

evertonandy

• Shipmate
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 05:06:51 am »

Can load Pictures now so here goes first set of pictures are the rigging of the cannons and cheeses

evertonandy

• Shipmate
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 05:11:46 am »

more of cannons and making cheeses

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.