Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RNLI Fundraising 2012- Help and suggestions welcome.  (Read 1547 times)

RyanB

RNLI Fundraising 2012- Help and suggestions welcome.
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:37:52 pm »

Evening all, the company I work for, Yorkshire Building Society raise money for a charity each year, last year was Alzheimer’s and we raised over £100,000! This year is the RNLI and as it is close to my heart I will be heavily involved within my department.

The launch of the beginning of our fundraising was today to coincide with the RNLI SOS Day and so far I have raised £430 from our department (120 people out 1500). Me and my team have many things planned throughout the year, however, I want to do something big and raise as much as I can in one go and Neil (nhp651) gave me a great but crazy idea which I appear to be following through.

The challenge is to visit every lifeboat station on mainland England, this is 100 stations consisting of 2564 miles in 5 to 6 days with an estimated cost of £500 in petrol (based on 30 mpg at £1.30 per litre). I will be starting in Berwick-upon-Tweed going down the East coast, along the South coast around the West Country and then up the M6 to West Kirby and finishing at Silloth.

The idea came about as Neil suggested the Ford real world challenge where a chap visited all the towns from the Da Vinci Code in only 2 tanks of fuel due to their super economic car.
The reason I am writing on here is because I want to appeal for help, if you own a company or know someone who does, or if you know anyone wishing to help raise funds for the RNLI I could use their support, I have written to countless company’s locally and nationally, specifically car manufactures to see if they would like to take up the challenge with their super economical cars or just willing to “lend” me a car or if they would like to help contribute towards fuel or anything else for that matter. I understand that to ask for everything from one company or person is a lot so a little from many is better. From other companies I have asked for donations of gifts that we can raffle or auction within work.

Any companies that do assist will benefit from large amounts of publicity, this and assisting the RNLI with fundraising is my complete driving force.

If anyone here has any connections or would like to help it would be greatly appreciated, I aim to raise at least £2500 but hopefully more with me efforts. I am in the early stages of planning and imagine so far the majority of the letters have not landed on the respective doormats or have been stored safely in the “crazy pigeon hole”, however, I am optimistic and will keep trying.

At present I have my plan and my time (my own time, not company time), I need a car, fuel and accommodation.
If you know anyone that can help or you can help please get in touch and I can give you my contact information.

Please feel free to pass this on to as many people as you want.

Best regards,
Ryan 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.