Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 2675 times)

frogking

Water Pump
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:47:30 pm »

Hi, I have a Apache with a 29cc zenoah but no clutch. For the first test and set up I was wondering could I use a water pump so I can let the engine idle while i mess with the radio etc. Or will it be totally unnecessary ? Thanks.

chombo

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:25 am »

Hi you will need to use a garden hose or water pump befor you start it up, keep clear of the prop,
 is the motor a 29cc or a 26cc.

chombo :-)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:52 pm »

You can also use a plastic 4 pint milk bottle ,stick two silicone tubes through the cap and tip this upside down to feed the head and pipe to protect things while you tweak the motor.Thats all i use anyway and works well,i also use it to flush the cooling setup after a days running,allways a good idea especially if you run in salt water.Remove the prop for safety especially if you have kids or pets.
Mart

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 12:44:08 pm »

I use a 2 litre bottle and simply use one tube. Bottle above the engine, suck the water through tube, attach to water nipple and siphon action does the rest. As with Mart I do this at the end of a days running as well, salt water can be a PITA.

frogking

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:45 pm »

Thanks guys, I have run the engine with a hose cooling the head and pipe. What I'm more worried about is the first time I put it in the lake ? What I'm worried about is how fast the boat will need to go for the water pick ups in the rudder to work ? Will i have to run it fast from the moment I put it in the water or will I be able to run it at a more moderate speed ?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:43:53 pm »

It should be OK when you run it on the lake BUT you must make sure you can see the water comming out even at low speed before you give it the beans. If you see steam comming out bring it in ASAP slowly. I have nearly cooked an engine racing when the inlet got blocked with leaf mulch. However I just got it back in time and it ran well for some time after that. I was lucky :}
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.