Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MODEL BOATS OR NOT ?  (Read 12341 times)

CJ

Re: MODEL BOATS OR NOT ?
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

To risk getting shot down in flames  <:(, I have received lots of expert advice since joining for which I thank you all, just to offer my view however I haven't felt the inclination to post pics cos I can't see a simple " your boats" section!!  :(( Now please feel free to correct !

I have briefed the masterclass, boat builds, warships etc, etc.....but I am not building from scratch, a few rennovations, lick of paint upgrades and chatting with likewise individuals all help the day go by and new friends along the way ! But maybe a simple "This is my boat" or in some cases "This is my fleet" may attract some of us less involved mayhemers to post up some pics....

Now in anticipation of being corrected - If someone would like to point me in the direction, I will post some pics up tonight !!!

CJ  :}

Flash22

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

Mr D here you go the start of my rebuild

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35182.0

no doubt like many others, we only have limted funds for our hobbys at the last count i had.............

Cars

Hyper 7 1/8 buggy
3 vintage tamiya's
Tamiya gravel hound
Ansmann hot rod
Tamiya sand scorcher
Thunder Tiger TS4n

Boats

Club 500
Fsrv rebuild (current project)
Fast electric rebuild (current Project)
.46 hovercraft
Brushless hovercraft

I also have other intrests inc cars ,target shooting, audio, computers and many more

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:58 pm »

To risk getting shot down in flames  <:(, I have received lots of expert advice since joining for which I thank you all, just to offer my view however I haven't felt the inclination to post pics cos I can't see a simple " your boats" section!!  :(( Now please feel free to correct !

I have briefed the masterclass, boat builds, warships etc, etc.....but I am not building from scratch, a few rennovations, lick of paint upgrades and chatting with likewise individuals all help the day go by and new friends along the way ! But maybe a simple "This is my boat" or in some cases "This is my fleet" may attract some of us less involved mayhemers to post up some pics....

Now in anticipation of being corrected - If someone would like to point me in the direction, I will post some pics up tonight !!!

Your Fairmile could have been posted under " Dry Dock and Shipyard: Builds Blogs, Rebuilds, Upgrades, Modifications & Research Questions "

subsection " Warships Navy Military:

Not that difficult really  ;)

Military vessels of every kind...ancient or new! "|
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

CJ

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

DickyD,

Thanks -  :embarrassed: yeah got that, thought I would post it there and it could be moved if need be !!!

:}

Brain works better when not at work !!!  {-)

CJ

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »

DickyD,

Thanks -  :embarrassed: yeah got that, thought I would post it there and it could be moved if need be !!!

:}

Brain works better when not at work !!!  {-)

CJ

Know what you mean CJ havent worked for eight years, brains a lot better, the rest is a mess. :-))

wibplus

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

Wibplus, we noticed. ;)

Just for you Richard to show that I sometimes pick up the glue and pliers......  ok2

wibplus

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »

...and this is what I am currently up to. (Smit Rotterdam waiting in the wings too).

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »

Very nice, thanks for those. :-))

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 06:49:57 am »

Hi Richard, & all interested mayhemer's, I joined this forum after doing a check of what is available out there on the web. I have to say I am not in the least disappointed with the forum or its content. Do I partake of all aspects of the forum, the short answer is no, but I do try not to have a closed mind on anything, as it is my way of learning.  When I follow a thread on a battleship, in which I have very little interest I still learn modeling techniques that I would miss otherwise. I also like to hear the comments & opinions of other members on current issues, it gives me another perspective on that person, it also makes me stop & think a little. After all what has the sinking of a cruise ship got to do with what props I use on my Smit Nederland you well might ask. From it I did however learn a lot about the expected protocols of being a Captain & many other issues that transpired because of the interest & comments expressed by our members, I am I hope a little bit wiser now on nautical issues. Our economy is at present in a poor state,There is nothing wrong with those of us that wish to do so discussing it in Chit Chat, that is what that thread is for after all. The poor economy indirectly affects the hobby in that people including our members have less discretionary income to spend on their hobby & so the number of builds drop & in some cases we lose our local suppliers. These days government action & inaction affects us on a daily basis, it is nice to be reminded sometimes of that fact. I have found on here some Very helpful people,Neil, ( NHP651), John, (Oldiron),Colin Bishop, Norseman, Bryan Young, & last but not least Dave from ACTion. There are many others that have helped me along the way, don't be upset that I missed you , you know who you are, Martin included. I really want to put pictures on here but as yet have failed. I have half built my Smit Nederland, I would like to show you my work area & where I live. I want to put pictures of the Fairmount Alpine kit & my assessment of it on here. When I was in Maui (Hawaii) I took boat pictures & Lahaina harbour & of some cruise ships also that I would like to share.(Martin says no beach candy pictures) I am also in the process of ordering the Speedline Tamar kit, thanks to Neil's lifeboat thread. As you can see Dicky the forum meets more criteria than just building threads, it needs a strong social side to keep interest up as well, long may it survive. A final note to Neil, if you want some cash to buy the stir spoon for Dicky let me know, I would be happy to contribute.LoL. Mick B.
Mick B.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:41 am »

Mick , you broke the first rule  PICTURES >>:-(   We want to see Maui and it`s harbour, dusky maidens in crass skirts (I meant that ! )   Oh yes did you find any fellow modellers there ?
..well can you land on this?

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »

I agree with a lot of what Mick said (except I really don't deserve to be alongside the experiened guys he put me with) and Chit Chat
helps you make friends and feel comfortable with posting up things. I try to say hello to newbies (I am one) and point to things they
might like (Midori showed us a nice ferry - I posted up some ferry links). I'll try and research images for anyone who says they can't find
something. Soon I'll have a build log going and I expect people to look in and comment because they 'Know' me on here - I take part.
On here I can chat to Mick in Canada about global warming, to all our upside down friends about anything, people like Umi, Neil, HS93
for 'how to'. Mayhem is a door to a world of generally very nice people. And let's not forget people like Krafty Kid too - the Youngsters.
Mayhem is a great site and there is room for everything .............. but I agree the more modelling threads posted the better it becomes.

'Search' is poor though

Dave ................ a satisfied customer - no refunds on Lingerie allowed

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »

Hey I missed out Duncan (Arrow5) a helpful chap.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 09:24:57 pm »

I agree with a lot of what Mick said (except I really don't deserve to be alongside the experiened guys he put me with) and Chit Chat
helps you make friends and feel comfortable with posting up things. I try to say hello to newbies (I am one) and point to things they
might like (Midori showed us a nice ferry - I posted up some ferry links). I'll try and research images for anyone who says they can't find
something. Soon I'll have a build log going and I expect people to look in and comment because they 'Know' me on here - I take part.
On here I can chat to Mick in Canada about global warming, to all our upside down friends about anything, people like Umi, Neil, HS93
for 'how to'. Mayhem is a door to a world of generally very nice people. And let's not forget people like Krafty Kid too - the Youngsters.
Mayhem is a great site and there is room for everything .............. but I agree the more modelling threads posted the better it becomes.

'Search' is poor though

Dave ................ a satisfied customer - no refunds on Lingerie allowed

Dave,

Try not standing  on your head, then you won't be upside down, we found the blood then doesn't rush to your head.  O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-)

nhp651

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »

Dave,

Try not standing  on your head, then you won't be upside down, we found the blood then doesn't rush to your head.  O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-)

It's not the standing onyer head that I mind so much.....it's the drinking of the middi's of grog that I spilt so much of drinking upside down..took me two years to master the art, then I had to come home as my visa ran out, lol

Timo2

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:16 pm »

Hi All

Special for " DickyD "   Designed and build on the Clyde the latest   Paddle Boat  ( Maybe a pocket Tug ? )

1 = small sheet  ( postcard size ) plas-card   ,   2 =  off cuttings of printers foam Board , 3  = 1 small servo, 2 Std. servos ,  & the Hot glue Gun ,

Timo2

Pond Trials to day about 14.00 hours       O0

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 06:08:32 am »

Maybe not strictly as per thread title but they are nautical plastic kits O0 O0
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.