Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway Tsekoa II  (Read 20539 times)

110samec

Model Slipway Tsekoa II
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:00:58 pm »

Hi all. My tsekoa came today from Model Slipway. This is my first RC boat having built a few plastic kits. I have to say the quality of castings is excellent as are vacform pieces and hull :-)). I'll be starting it soon and I'll keep you posted on progress.
Sam

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Model Slipway Tsekoa II
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:41:42 am »

We'll need plenty of photos Sam.

Any problems just give a shout.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:54:43 am »

Here's a link to a great build of Tsekoa II by Voyager - well worth a look http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

also here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4593.0

Peter.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:19:45 pm »

To built a different Tsekoa II you can cut the hull in two and adding a part in the middle (it's nammed jumboïsation) as the real one received this upgrade

http://www.shipbuilding-industry.eu/shipbuilding_v2/?p=4208#more-4208

Xtian

110samec

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

Hi all.
Today I started the dinghy. This is a vacform item with some whitemetal fittings. I gave it a first coat with Humbrol 19 and painted the outboard in Humbrol 33.
To fit the prop to the outboard I drilled a hole and then glued the prop with superglue.

Sam

110samec

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:17 pm »

Today I marked out the hull for the rudders and prop shafts. This ones going to have a Graupner bow thruster fitted. I've also made a start on the crane. I work in subassemblies so then you can see how its progressing a bit better.
Photos to come soon.
Sam

Spook

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:14 pm »

I'll be watching this with interest. I almost bought this but went for the Assurance tug instead. Hope you enjoy it  :-))

110samec

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:33:10 pm »

Hi all. I've been busy starting the build of the cabin. I'm very impressed with the kit and it is of excellent quality with great instructions. The only thing I don't like is that the plans aren't to scale but thats not a problem. My plan is to build the superstrucure and make fittings before fittig out the hull because I like watching the build progress. Pics will be up shortly,
Sam

NigelW

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:01 pm »

When you fit the bowthruster, don't forget you'll probably need smaller holes in the hull, than on the templates that come with the kit (assuming its the same as Dutch Courage). I made this mistake and ended up sleeving the thruster tubes to make them fit :embarrassed:

Good luck with the rest of the build. What motors did you go for?

Link to my DC build if you're interested...
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35115.0

Nigel

110samec

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »

Hi NigelW,
I went for the recomended motors by model slipway. i've also got brass props instead of the white metal ones. I'll make a list of the bits i'm using if you like.
Sam

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »

Right as its the Easter holidays I plan to crack on with the build. The most time consuming thing on this model so far has been cutting out the windows. I've started work on the cabin and marked out the hull.

Cheers,
Sam
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »

Good stuff! This is a great looking model. Havent built one of these myself but I have built a couple of MSW kits, Drumbeat of Devon, sadly no longer in production and the Envoy civvie tug.

Anyone know why Conserver was taken out of production years ago? I thought that was a tidy kit too.

michael 1979

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 03:40:40 am »

Thats looking really good. As a modeller myself coming from mainstreem kits the MS models are sure a step up on the skill level. Kepp up the good work :-))

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:19:33 pm »

I have now built the rear part of the superstructure shell and added the window frames to the cabin sides. I followed the outline for the window frames but when I fitted the part the size was not the same all the way around so I trimmed with my knife.

and finally a pic with the RIB temporarily in place

My plan is to do the superstructure shell and then the hull leaving the detailing til last. This means I can see what the complete model will look like when testing on water. I also have LEDs for the cabin ;).
Sam
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws" - Douglas Adams

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 10:05:51 pm »

Right. I've made a start on the hull. I've drilled all of the holes on the bottom which just need fettling now. I'll get some pics up when thats done. I've also made a start on the crane. Pics will be up soon.

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:10 pm »

I've managed to test fit the running gear into the appropriate holes and all looks quite good. I can't find my camera so will post pictures when I find it.

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 10:14:39 pm »

Found it :D
Here are the photos as promised,
First some progress on the crane

And now for the bits and bobs test fitted in the hull

Cheers,
Sam

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 05:17:40 pm »

Quick question. Does anybody know the best place to position the bowthruster on the Tsekoa (i.e. how far from the bow)?

michael 1979

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »

Hi Sam

Sorry I can't answer the questions about the bow thruster for you. I would reccommend contacting Model Slipway. They are always very helpful.
Your Model is looking  very good. The Crane looks very well constructed and painted. I too have come from kitset models and it has been a good challenge switching to this type of model, and more rewarding in my opinion. Keep up the good work. :-))

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »

Thank you very much :D.I will send an email to model slipway for the bow-thruster. This weekend I'm going to try and fit the motors in the hull.

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

Well, long time no post  :D
For the motors and running gear I have decided to fit a false deck as I think it will look quite neat with one used and thats being worked on. In the meantime I've been sorting out a bit more to the cabin and using a bit of my ingenuity. The handrail for the cabin steps is made from the sprue frame of a Revell kit and the box holding the wheel was made from scrap plasticard. The compass in front of the wheel was made from the tip of a paintbrush which I cut off with a junior hacksaw  :D The floor I've done in blue as it looks like the carpet you get in offices and such places and I rather like it and finally I printed off some charts to use in the wheelhouse (take a guess of where  %) not entirely accurate I suppose) which I think is a nice touch :} I'm also aware of the various gaps in places and for the one in in the wheelhouse in the words of Baldrick "I have a cunning plan..."

Cheers,
Sam

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 10:12:50 pm »

Since that last post I've been a bit busy with the crane by building the platform that goes on the side. Handrail's getting done last as I'm not very confident at doing it (not done metal rails before)

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 06:05:32 pm »

Finally some progress!! Running gear is mainly installed in the hull now and I'm proud to say that I am the owner of a floaty boat having given it a quick test in the bath (professonal test tank  ;)  )to check for any leaks. The bow thruster isn't in yet and I've made the battery box out of thick plastic sheet.

I've started on the handrails now as well and I've made the anchor winch. I added a piece of chain to the end of the anchor rope as I felt it looked better and I added some wooden strip to the interior to hide a couple of the gaps which I think looks quite nice, what do you think?

And if anyones interested heres one of my other boats, a billings bluenose 2

As its half term hopefully a bit more progress can be made (he says)  %)

Thanks for looking,
Sam

110samec

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »

I've noticed the images to be different sizes, its only because I always forget what size to resize them on photo-bucket  :embarrassed:

I also forgot to say that its a really stable boat (at least it is in the bath when I was rocking it about) and with the bow-thruster in it should be pretty nifty across our local lake :-) . I'm quite pleased with how its coming along now :-)

If anyone has any comments on the build feel free to say,
Sam

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »

its coming on and starting to take shape  :-))
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.