Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my LIGHT HOUSE SHIP..the LH 1...  (Read 5568 times)

rathikrishna

its my LIGHT HOUSE SHIP..the LH 1...
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:54:27 pm »

Friends..Colleagues..Modellers..a model collection line..without a light house ship..is not perfect..so, previously, i done some light house ship models, and was on a conventional hull, like a mine sweeper, and in smaller scale..usually i neglect all of my models after making it..but now i changed my mind and started keeping all with great care..covered all in individual polyethelene covers..inexpensive..but effective...and yes, my new favourite scale is 1:28th..because such crafts are so stable in all waters, as no issues in seaside lake or temple pool..windy..or currents..no matter..and its also easy to work, on electronics, and also will be look stunning to see...because of the sheer size..so, i again inspired from here, after seeing a Light House Ship accidently..it was the time i realized to complete a craft my own..in my design..after some research works in mind, i took some aspects from all around me..yes from various machines..

So the cabin came from my old Diesel locomotive..but with a difference..both of it's face are identical..so i named this craft as "DWI MUKHI" means a Goddess with two identical faces, who guides her's subjects in to a level of vertue..and also shows correct ways who travelling through seas..

so,  i started works..as usual..with thermocol..this craft have no any directional faces as it is designed as both faces as same..and yes can operate in either direction without any difficulty...

because of the nature of the ship in my mind, i gave her a wide body, with a good V, to self stabilization, and attached a boom for attaching the mooring cable in a guiding mission..

rathikrishna

Re: its my LIGHT HOUSE SHIP..the LH 1...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »

she spans in to 27 inches, while breadth in to 9 inches..this time i gave a good layers of tissue for an even more stiffer structure..she became like a coconut shell when dried..and added the plat form..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:02:09 pm »

then started putty work..
at first my intention was to add a wide body to her..but later i changed my mind, to add a similar structure of my completed diesel locomotive..so gone on that way..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

see the new structure here..its some narrow, and with a stunning shape..i gave tow face as identical..the face was influnced from my previously completed diesel loco..in to O guage..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »

adding some reinforcements with foam boards..
now time to water proof the paper...

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

now time to paint...as this ship is intended to see from long distances i painted her with a mixture of German red, and oxy orange..
yes..she is poered by a high watts ECM, yes, choosing it because nowadays ECMs are far cheaper than MCMs..and can save ample of time by avoiding the rewinding works..and can also reverse very easily..than a MCM..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »

now..time to work on light tower..we have seen all light house ships are basic as, the lighting unit is formed on a long pole..but this is 2012..so must think on a modern way..so i decided to go with a lattice structure..

all structure are made of laminated drawing paper..later painted..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 06:22:04 pm »

added a canopy..and painted with silver gray..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

not added the navigation lights as usual, but added a new way of lighting, with head lights..at star board side added a powerful green light to show the star board side..and the lights are from paper..
the safety hatches are also by paper..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:13 pm »

the door hatches are made of papers...
and time for decals..all decals made of computer and printed in an A 4 papper, later sliced with scissors and glued..

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »

all decals are inspired from some Diesel locos..

the life rings were made out of O rings used in sewing machines as bobbin winders..one of the basic problem related to painting on these rubber O rings are non drying the piant and easily scrattching..but spraying the PU paint on butyl rubber, is a great idea, as some chemical reaction takes place...so a stiff dried O rings...

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 06:35:10 pm »

later can be resprayed with desired color..after sanding it smooth..

added lights..can see the green light at Star board side..

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 06:38:33 pm »

all lights are based on high intensity L E D s..while keeping the aspect of battery saving...
 :-))
the beacon also was based on L E D s and the running effect was achieved with a simple chaser circuit..

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »

now ready for the show...
and in water...see how stable she is.. ok2

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »

meet the crews..
and looks nice..and performs well..

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

brings back the memories of my diesel loco..

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 06:49:32 pm »

Friends..at present this one is, one of the  most favourite to me...
and full function lighting...

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:34 pm »

stability is the key of a light house craft..so i added some led weight while shaping the hull and it worked well. but even with those weights, and with all electronics and heavy duty battery she weighs only..1350 grams..cool...

and from any place and any angle she is a beautiful one..

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »

look all of my Friends..how easy to make a dreamy craft of ourselves..for these we do not need any expensive stuffs..you can run her even with a toy radio..if the toy radio is based on 3 volts, can leave her in to 30 meter square all around..and if the toy RC is in to 9 volts a 40 to 50 meter square is possible..so do not keep distance from model making..no heavy labours..no more manhours..with two or three eves..can make a new one..and one..and one..untill we closes our eyes..and leaves many crafts here...its all helps us in next birth..then make new..and on..and on... :-) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:17 pm »

oh..sorry..whtas a work without some videos...see here its day time running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2BTfM-ILA

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 07:06:44 pm »

and the night action here..with beacon and lights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf1GJXjdFm0

have lots of crafts... :-))

bobk

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 07:41:44 pm »

Krishna:  I always look forward to reading your build logs and new techniques. You are so busy !  It seems like you have a new ship every few days  :-))

I also like your YouTube videos.  What software program do you use for editing them, and what video format do you use ?

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »

Sir..thanks for the inspiring words..and merging in to my modeling works..without it, i will be no more.. :-)
and usually i records my videos in Loss less A V I format, as it is very easy to compress and edit with a simple personal computer, even without a grapics card. i shoot videos in my HD 1080 DPI camera, but its too hard to manipulate with current computer configuration. for years i was working as a video grapher, as freelance in my spare time, and was also carrying out video editing for others like studios and party programmes..so, i have professional software to edit videos, but i always edit my AVI files with U lead video studio, is a simple studio software, is far easy and excellent.after editing, can change the format in to Flash video, so can add it easily in servers..a 680 MB video will turns in to 10 MB, with flash file almost..and with a good quality comapred..its all easy.. :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.