Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: add a working turret to our crafts with an elevating gun..  (Read 9748 times)

rathikrishna

Re: add a working turret to our crafts with an elevating gun..
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

will it works..? yes..cool..

see the video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfg6XhatRM

rathikrishna

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:48 pm »

Modelers..now we made a working turret..you can take more time to make a turret according to plan..so, now we can think about a turret with azhimuth elevation of a gun barrel..for our first turret, we took one channel of TX..and all you saw that we can use any channel to control it..and easy..so, here we need two channel..one for rotation and one for barrel control..so we can use any TX controls but you can use the right side TX controls for turret control, while the left for prop and direction..

rathikrishna

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »

to make a proposed turret we need one sero set up as earlier, and one more micro servo..
place a micro servo, on a foam board, leaving some margin all around..

rathikrishna

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »

place and check the servo slot..place the servo from in to out..

rathikrishna

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »

now draw a circle with compass as shown..
draw a second one also..

rathikrishna

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 05:47:03 pm »

cut out 4 identical pieces..and fix the servo with a piece of foam bord, thus avoids the glue or screw..

rathikrishna

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »

start to fix side pieces..
cut out the second circle, and make a drum with paper strips..

rathikrishna

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 05:52:29 pm »

glue the drum in servo cam..
build the balance..

rathikrishna

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

make a barrel according to plan..
here i made the barrel from a straw..
paint with apropriate color..

rathikrishna

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 05:58:38 pm »

time to fix..and check..

rathikrishna

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:00 pm »

how it works..see the cool video here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM58RJCj1BM

Friends..all given ideas are mere keys..you can add any inagination, to your turrets or all in to scale..all we know how much time we spent on our models, that much be the finishing , and detailing of our models..see how simple it is to add a working turrets to our crafts..you can also add a gun sound with a simple electronic circuits..have some nice crafts..

Welsh Wizard

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »

krishna you are like a breath of fresh air to this forum you show us all how EASY it is to make parts from nothing at all,I must admit I had never thought of your ways of making a crane let alone a gun that rotates and elevates so so simple Keep up hte GOOD work

Dave

rathikrishna

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:55 am »

Welsh..all given ideas are only a key..and we can go any further with this idea, and can add any turret, that this micro servo can handle a great load even at 4.8 Volts..and the turrets shown in picture are only roughly built, but we can add any turrets and gun barrels all from plans or from kits..and yes, we can do ample of things from the altered servo, including many creative things..even tp proppel a boat in either directions..can also use standard or heavy duty, or ultra heavy duty, servos with same idea..and you do not need to alter any electronic componets inside as such alterations are far beyond the capabilty of a modeler..so, here we saw how simple it is all..we can add any creativities to our crafts..you can follow the same procedures i shown here, with handy things with ball point pen cap and bodies, with brass or stain less steel, while turning it all on a lathe..but the final working will be same..as we do not see anything inside the mechanism..and yes..will be expensive..but here, these ideas can followed by anyone..any one who intersted..and who living with a dedication in modeling..its all easy..but stunning..while in operation..have some nice crafts with working turrets...and guns..so.. dddooommmm.....kkoooooyyyy............add a mock up fire with an electronic circuit.. :-) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 07:57:30 am »

Friends..i got some mail, asking about to extend a servo lead..for turret use..answering them all individually is tough job..so i am adding here..its all simple once again..usually all we go to buy a servo lead extension, for our use..it is very easy to extend a servo lead, and can extend up to 4 meters, as i worked many with my rail road switching points, and works well..but avoid using low quality wires for this purpose..as the low quality wires can make a good resistance in the path of electrons to the servo, thus the performance is deresead..so how to extend servo lead..ok..its all simple...
take a servo, may be any..micro..heavy..or standard..with you..
cut the leads on half..

rathikrishna

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:08 am »

we can purchase the flat ribbon cables in various colors and densities, so, buy a meter of flat ribbon cable, while keepinh the wire color codes of servo leads, in mind, and please do not buy too cheaper wires, but at least in 20: 20 dencity..here one meter wire costs RS 20/-

then peel of three wires from flat cables all in to same color codes to servo wore..

rathikrishna

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:08 am »

collect some heat shrink tube from any electronic spares shop, in to 3 or 4 mm..its cheap, and costs 20 Rs/- for a meter..we can also use insulation tapes..

peel out the insulation from wires..

rathikrishna

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:11 am »

insert the sliced heat shrink tube on to wires about in to the lengths of 1 inch...solder all wire tips with a soldering iron..make sure the soldering iron is truely Earthed..if not, you can remove the plug, from wall socket, to avoid any high current leakage from iron..this current can damage the nicro chip of the servo..take care..

now, after bright solder, pull in tube, to the joints, and heat the tubes with the crest of the soldering iron..you do not need to buy a heating gun for this..

rathikrishna

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:19 am »

now make sure the wires are ok..look for any protutions..
now the servo is ready for the show...

spooksgone

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 08:20:20 pm »

Great, I  love it, why don't some of you electronic geek's out there, get together and put pen to paper and write a book, with pictures, that we can take in [or maybe only me] to our shed's, garages, spare room's or workshops. I do not have a pc in my garage, a book, cd, or a pen friend would help. I have touched on this type of thread before, but running from my garage, up the stairs,to get more instructions, and back down to the garage to start again left me knackered, and I  ended up with a wasting a brand new servo, I just had a pile of bit's left. Please, please take this as food for thought, I am not very good at all with electronics, but am certainly willing to pay for help within this area of our fascinating hobby.
I hope that this makes sense to you.
Cheers/
Phil

spooksgone

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2012, 08:22:55 pm »

No takers then?

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »

Right click on a page and print it out.

Len.

spooksgone

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:41 am »

Thanks for that Len. I will have to do when the missus is out, forever going on about the price of ink.
Thank's again.
Phil
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.