Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronize 43VR problem.  (Read 2257 times)

rayna

Electronize 43VR problem.
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:44 am »

:((
Hi I have a set up where the ESC has been running two motors quite happily for yonks. Now suddenly both motors run only flat out forward or reverse and without a neutral stop or any slow speeds.
Any obvious solutions appreciated. i have swapped channels, swapped crystals, checked batteries in TX and twirled the "neutral" and "speed range" screws on the ESC all so far to no avail.
thanks
Rayna

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Electronize 43VR problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:59:49 am »

have you accidentally connected the battery the wrong way? check to see if relay  clicks , disconnect the motors if you cannot hear it.

Peter

rayna

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:38 am »

:-)
Relay is clicking (changing over) perfectly but as i said there is no stopping or neutral postion just full speed forward or reverse.
rayna

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33:21 am »

:-)
Relay is clicking (changing over) perfectly but as i said there is no stopping or neutral postion just full speed forward or reverse.
rayna
That leaves the main output transistor dead.  The rest of the circuit seems OK, since the reversing works so the control part is controlling.  A badly overloaded transistor (like feeding a short) will likely blow up, just leaving three legs and a nasty smell.  A transistor running just a bit outside its margins will eventually melt its insides and change its characteristics, in this case its shorted itself out and become a connection. 
If you can spot the OD on the transistor, a repair should be possible.  When fixed, a controller for each motor might be the best bet.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

rayna

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:48:18 am »

:-))
Malcolm, and all. thanks for your input. That answer is what a local lad had suggested so will lift the lid off and get the data. i understand our modellers in Auckland have a stack of the transistors to repair. So thanks again all
regards
Rayna
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.