Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: boat engines  (Read 4161 times)

GandR Racing

boat engines
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:07 pm »

hi there all just wanted to no about this engines for my petrol boat an wots the best 1 between crrc gw26i marine engine or the stick with a zenoah g260 pum engine!?!??  8)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: boat engines
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

Stick with a Zen. I'm still racing a bog standard zen 26. it has had a new set of bearings and thats all. I have never had one of them other engine but i here they are not very good!
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

gwa84

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:13:49 pm »

quality controle aint the best on the crrc got one and tuned it but took loads of hassle to get it right go with the zen or an rmck

GandR Racing

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:38 am »

cheers thanks for ur advise!!gonna buy the zenoah but would i be able to convert a normal g260 engine to a pum head what would i need head,gasket an the water jaket!????? :((

gwa84

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 12:04:41 pm »

personaly i would go with an rmck motor pund for pund ther much better then enything out ther at the moment  :-))

GandR Racing

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:13 pm »

wheres the best place to buy new engine in the uk cause ive been looking in america for cost really but dont really know who to buy from i mean ive been looking on ebay but would prefer new really!!!????? :}

MikeA

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »

GandR Racing

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 12:55:07 pm »

thanks again mate!!!!no doupt r av more ?????lol

GandR Racing

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 02:17:33 pm »

hello all wots ur view on buying engines from either ddm.com or gizmomotors.com dose any1 no what charges are roughly 8)

gwa84

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »

gizmomotors.com are exelent as for charges that depends on the customs guy at the time  :-))

GandR Racing

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 02:45:56 pm »

when u say that!!? whats the best way to ring customs up an ask them or can it be sent as a gift an you dont get charged then i heard!!!??? not sure dont wanna order it then have to pay £50 or whatever they charge!!?? :((

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

Ive found that usually if the goods are low priced that Customs do not bother with tax. In my opinion labelling as a gift will draw attention. This can then depending on the price of the goods result in a tax request. John.

GandR Racing

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »

thanks john i just been looking at prices over here an its quite a bit more for brand new engines!!!!what would you go on getting a new engine from like prestwich models want £230 250 for zen 26 pum engine or gizmomotors wants $245 so wotever dat is in pounds proberly £130 plus say £50 on postage!???? what would any of u do buy from abroad or stick buying in this country!!?????? ;)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 03:49:23 pm »

Things brought over here can be expensive compared to other countries. As said before this is because of tax laws, overheads which can be less. I regret that i do not have the knowledge to advise you more. At least if brought here you do have someone to give you a gaurantee if things go wrong.What woukld be the cost of return postage? Good luck whatever you do. John.   

GandR Racing

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »

cheers thanks john!! :-))

MikeA

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 09:39:01 pm »

I buy from both foreign and domestic suppliers. They both have there pros and cons, firstly buying from abroad will be cheaper, but the delivery time especially this time of year can be anything up to and beyond 3 weeks. My last order was a 2.4ghz rx/tx and took 2 months to get here lol. The second problem with buying from abroad is its at high risk of being damaged in transit and if it is youl have to return it, 3 weeks, then wait for a new one 3 weeks lol. I personally get all my fast stuff from prestwhich and he is very quick on delivery, this for me makes up for the extra cost.

Its a matter of patients which i have none maybe you do.

GandR Racing

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

wel i do have patients. Cause i want a good build but at a smaller price!! i would go with prestwich but it seems quite alot of money for what i need compared to havin to wait a few weeks an gettin it cheaper not overly sure what to do though could end up having to pay them prices!!! we shall see really not happy about the price differance in these stupid countrys why cant every1 sell things at the same price for the engine i wont!! r pay $245 or £245 its not just a bit its alot i think!!!! shall av a think an c whats the best thing to do unless any1 else can tell me different!!!thanks for ur advise will let u all know what the outcome is!!!

MikeA

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

use this to convert  :-)):

http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

bulldog1966

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 03:00:52 am »

go for the rcmk k30 side exhaust stay away from the rear exhaust they not been proven yet but the rcmk k30 £204 pluss p@p on ebay good buy not good crrc pro we have two of them every nut and bolts had to be replaced

scoop

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 08:50:16 am »

quality controle aint the best on the crrc got one and tuned it but took loads of hassle to get it right go with the zen or an rmck
UK supplier of RCMK engines can be found at www.rcmuk.net  or there's always the Arrow 29cc billet engine from www.arrowmodelsport.com (one of these engines won the BMPRS D class in 2011)  :-))

Cheers
Scoop

bulldog1966

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 05:24:38 pm »

well said scoop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.