Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME COMPUTER HEAD ACHE  (Read 5751 times)

LarryW

PLEASE HELP ME COMPUTER HEAD ACHE
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:23:05 pm »

please can Any body help ,   pushed a few buttons while on line , and changed my 32 bit to 64 bit and it nows hogs the whole screen , and realy blocks my
   incoming mail ,   also get a message  sever error ,  tried to resolve a problem to get info from  HMBG    and cocked up my mailing system .
      not sharest knife in box  so can please any body help ......LARRY... {:-{

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: PLEASE HELP ME COMPUTER HEAD ACHE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:51 pm »

Afternoon Larry!

Are you talking about your screen resolution?

If so:
   http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/changing-screen-resolution-win-xp.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

LarryW

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »

thank you martin , but it doesn't cover windows 7  still got the weird screen big icon in fussy colours      Larry   

CJ

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »

Larry,
I'm guessing same as Martin and assume you mean resolution......again an assumption but you are running Windows 7 ?

Go to Start - control panel - Appearance and personalisation - Personalisation - Display settings.

Slider here for resolution....move till screen suits and click apply.

Should be problem solved but shout back if not.

CJ

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

LarryW

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:03 am »

Hi thank you for help ,   tried that link CJ , no luck yet to try your. latest link martin , put few pictures to show what's happening.
  and the cryptic messages i am getting it was all till some body told me my e mail password was wrong....... stupid me :(( >>:-( Larry..

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:55 am »

It looks to me just a simple screen resolution adjustment required, What Monitor do you use..  Just right click on the mouse on the display screen should be options there to adjust . Try that

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:27 am »

Larry,
This does indeed look like screen resolution as all you icons on the desktop look large and skewed.

If it isn't it could be the zoom.
Do you have a wheel on your mouse? If so, try this. Press and hold your keyboard [Ctrl] button, and at the same time scroll the mouse wheel.
Hope this works.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

CJ

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:20 pm »

Larry,

adn't actually put a link - try the instructions or on the desktop (all screens minimised) just right click, go to screen resolution, go to resolution and drop down - see what is recommended but guessing you are on a laptop would suggest 1200 x 800 would suit.  :-))

Give it a try and let us know!

CJ

LarryW

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »

hi all been round the block with all your ideas , still no change . kicks in when i received e mails  some body out there as given me a head ache     >>:-(Laary

gwa84

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 05:32:58 pm »

just out of curiosaty have you run a viras scan and to me it looks like you grafix drivers arnt instaled try reinstaling them  :-))

LarryW

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 05:42:17 pm »

thank you for reply and help , grafix driver whats that and where is it dont no my round pc .......LARRY... :((

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

Larry,

He means Graphics Driver which is the software used to manage the screen display.

Before you get into that, if you are running Windows 7 do the following:

Click on the Start button at the bottom lefthand corner of the screen
Then click on Control Panel which is listed in the grey area to the right of the list of programs that comes up
In th next box you see, look for the Appearance and Personalisation heading and then click on the sub heading of Adjust screen resolution

You should then see a screen box with gives the recommended and current screen setiings for your particular machine with various help options. See if you can set everything back to the recommended settings using these options and  then see if that cures the problem.

If it does but then goes wrong again when you open your email then the problem may be in the Email program preferences or settings. I can't help you with that as I use a different email program.

Colin

LarryW

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

HELLO COLIN ,
        Thank you for help but i have done that, as you said in control panel , and tried a different server,
 No joy still same problem ,   still can not access mail get message saying server error ox80048849,     i think i am been hacked
     also i think i becoming pain to the members of the mayhem to witch i am thankfull for help i am getting, thank you all LARRY.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »

Larry,

I have Googled your error message and there is quite a lot about it on the Internet. However it does seem to be quite technical so you may need to get the services of a local PC maintenance company to get it sorted out.

Some stuff here for example: http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1368932.htm

Colin

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:09 pm »

Hi Larry,

Is that Windows 7? You can "go back in time" with the Last Known Good configuration. Details on how to access this are here.

The error message you get is a problem with Windows Live Mail.

Without enough information, were I to be given a PC/laptop in your state, then I would (first ports of call) try resetting the screen resolution, then the graphics drivers, then (next ports of call) do Last Known Good, download Spybot Search and Destroy, take the machine offline, restart it, and proceed to vaporise any bad stuff on it.

Good tip - if you get error messages, then you can Google 'em. There's almost always support online for issues that crop up 99% of the time.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 09:47:55 am »

Whether its W7 or XP, there is the System Restore facility.  Easiest way to find it is to Click Start, the n click Help, then tell it System Restore.  This should take you to a screen with the "restore to a previous date" option - just pick a highlighted date on the calendar it shows before the troubles started, follow the instructions, have a brew, it should be OK when you come back.
I don't think you have been hacked - for the past several years the bad guys have not sought to damage machines, they tend more to subtle ploys that allow them to get at your money without you noticing.  Having said that, there are scareware vendors who claim you have a nasty and try to sell a "cure" that actually puts their real, profit making, malware on board.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

CJ

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »

Larry,

You can try the above system restore options etc but to be honest it sounds like if you aren't "confident" - no offense meant - then get a local PC repair shop to have a look at - Not PC World (crooks  <*<)

Otherwise more harm than good can come from messing round with things if you really aren't sure !!

Shame you arent a bit more local !!

CJ

LarryW

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:12 pm »

Hi cj .
      Thank you for advice ,    no offence taken,  have a man coming in to morrow to sought out problems, going to do full check up     
      HE HAS DONR IT BEFORE  so trusted , he says i have been got at ,by a bogey .......LARRY...

LarryW

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »

Hi All,
       A big thank you to all who helped to cure my computer problems , now cured  problem was the server was out dated , now have new version of windows 7 installed :-)) Larry.. 

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

Nice to see you're up and running again Larry
Put some Ikea blinds on the new windows
and all should be well  :D :D

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

LarryW

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »

THANK YOU ,
                  SORRY  Ikea blind booked for the deck of trawler ,  use news paper for curtains {-) {-) {-) %%
                 just joking , what a  lot of good guys we have here, :-))  i will stick to the scratch building, i don't push to many buttons doing that ....Larry...

CJ

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:45 pm »

Larry,

Glad to see hear you are all sorted and back in the "www".  :}

CJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.