Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiab Crane Pully 1:48 sacle\YorkShireman  (Read 2467 times)

crzydoyle11

Hiab Crane Pully 1:48 sacle\YorkShireman
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

OK I hand made two pulley's for the Hiab crane on the York. Made Without a lathe, using a Dremel Workstation it looks like a drill press..
OK parts that I use in the making of the pulley's where a #6 brass flat washer, & a #6 brass screw with it. I find in a local hardwear store the coast of them was less than 3 dollars US. money. I use the brass screw to fill in the center whole of the flat washer. Than I solder them together. Put them in Dremel tool & workstation in order to shape them to the size where they need to be. I also use a razer saw to cut the center grove on the pulley's. OK in the end if I had a lathe than this work would have been easer to do.. I do have more work yet to do the body of the Hiab crane is almost done still some more parts yet to finish. So here a few photos of the pulley's for crane..

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Hiab Crane Pully 1:48 sacle\YorkShireman
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »

Nicely made, it is handy having a lathe, you can make bits like that in minutes, You should look a RB boat fittings at Cornwall Boats, they make some nice pulley fittings very cheap only 17p each & in different sizes too. Mick B.
Mick B.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:38:37 am »

will do Irishcarguy thank you for the infor my shipmate. will ck them out again thank you

brianB6

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:19:17 pm »

See my post on:-
Re: Detailing "The Rat" ( H.M.A.S. Ararat )
« Reply #4
where I use a Makita drill held in a vice.
One can do quite intricate work with files and jewellers saws.  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.