Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Mid Thames @ Beale Park: May 06, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mid Thames Model Boat Show @ Beale Park, Pangbourne, Sunday 6th May  (Read 4424 times)

Chair@MTMBC

The Mid Thames Model Boat Club will be holding a one day Model Boat Show at Beale Park on Sunday May 6th 2012. It will be the same set-up as last year with NO TRADERS in attendance (at the moment!).

Free admission tickets will be available for any Model Boat Clubs who wish to attend (max. 10 per Club).

It's a bare site with Club displays alongside the lake. All visiting Clubs will need to bring their own gazebos, tables and chairs etc.

Club ticket applications should be made to: Ian Hughes, MTMBC Chair at: ian@ihughes.co.uk. or for general enquiries Tel: 0118 9793310

The Show will run from 10.00am until 4.30pm. Clubs will be able to gain access to set-up from 8.30am.

bobk

Re: Mid Thames Model Boat Show @ Beale Park, Pangbourne, Sunday 6th May
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:45 pm »

I was only thinking about Beale Park yeterday, even looked at the Beale Park web site.  Thank you for that info, I will check with my club, we were represented last year.  A really nice day out.  I took my family.

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:33 pm »

The Mid Thames Model Boat Club will be holding a one day Model Boat Show at Beale Park on Sunday May 6th 2012. It will be the same set-up as last year with NO TRADERS in attendance (at the moment!).
Is Eric Race still a member of Mid Thames by any chance.
neil.

snowwolflair

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

Looking forward to it.

chair@MTMBC

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »

Beale Park Model Boat Festival Update

There is still time to apply for free access to attend the show on 6th May. Up to 10 free passes available for any visiting Club.

Please contact me on: 0118 9793310 or at: ian@ihughes.co.uk

The following traders have said they will be there and have their usual products for sale:

- Ron Dean from Dean's Marine
- Andy Griggs from Models By Design

During the day we will have our Tug Towing course available together with our new big towing coaster. Also some Club 500 fast electric racing and possibly the World debut of our new F600 class electric racing boats.

Hope to see you there.

Ian Hughes - Mid Thames Model Boat Club

chair@MTMBC

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:12:41 am »

:-) Things are looking good for the Beale Park Festival of Model Boats next Sunday 6th May. We currently have over 100 visitng Model Boat Club members booked to attend representing the following Clubs:

Vintage Model Works - Whitton - Crawley - Watermead - Model Hovercraft Assoc. - Hinckley - Southend - Black Park - Solent - Lifeboat Enthusiasts - Assoc. of Model Barge Owners - Cygnets - Dorchester - Springbok - Portsmouth.

We will have our usual mix of free sailing and formal sessions for Club 500 fast electric racing, Thames Barges, Tug Towing etc.

Gates open for pre-booked exhibitors from 8.30am for set-up. The Festival opens to the public from 10.00am.

Lets hope the weather improves (there is certainly plenty of water in the lake)!

Last minute applications for up to 10 free club entry passes (only for Clubs displaying boats on and off the water) are still possible. Please contact me (Ian Hughes - MTMBC Chairman) on 0118 9793310 or by e-mail: ian@ihughes.co.uk.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer

The weather forecast for SatNav location RG8 9NH on Sunday is steadily improving !   Looking foreward to it  :-))
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer

have a good time bob....- i'll be on a ferry going towards france and onto germany.... >:-o
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer

The weather forecast for SatNav location RG8 9NH on Sunday is steadily improving !   Looking foreward to it  :-))

Bob, If you let your SatNav take you to that location, you missed the entrance by a mile! Hopefully you enjoyed the day as much as I did.

It was good to see Ian's Osprey back on the water (after last year's disaster).

Some inexpert photography:

Mike

chair@MTMBC

• Shipmate

Great photos!

Thanks to everyone who braved a very cold start to the day  :-).

We had a very good turn out and the weather was actually very kind to us all day. I particularly enjoyed seeing so many steamers in action on the lake.

Looking forward to next year's event (should be Sunday May 5th 2013) so why not put it in your diaries now (what, you haven't got a 2013 diary yet!  {-))

Ian

Hover Tim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

anyone get any shots of the hovercraft
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.