Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my PILOT BOAT...  (Read 4917 times)

rathikrishna

its my PILOT BOAT...
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

Friends..i was thinking to make a Pilot Boat, for my new boat collection.. because for a fleet a Pilot Boat is a must..so i finished her in to same scale of 1:28th as the all others are finished in that scale..and i am thanking to many of my Modelling Friends, veterans for advices, video links, and useful instructions to make this boat..she is inspired from an International professional boat and ship magazine, but the size and final finishing all to my imaginations..
          It is sure to say, that if you mastered the simple idea, of hull making from thrmocol, you cant sit any way then..you will make crafts one by one..so, as usual, i started with thrmocol..and applied tissue paper all over..

after tissue, the putty work started..and finished..

rathikrishna

Re: its my PILOT BOAT...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:02:05 pm »

the prop drive tube was made of ball point pen body, with brass tube bushings..
and the prop..now i am ashamed myself, for using commercially available props to little time before..actually was wasting many of my battery power and running time..but now, its all easy to make a prop to my motor specs and needs..this one is also made of GI washer and a GI nut..working very well all you can see in video..and saves battery life a lots..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:37 pm »

you can see the simplicity of the prop making..and can also see the aero foil like structure blades done by PU putty...

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:23 pm »

now, its on a bicycle spoke..make sure the purchased spoke is SS..
and now on the craft..i kept it to near to hull, to avoid cavitation.. :thumbsup:

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:13 pm »

paint time..after masking the top side, i painted the hull bottom with flamboyant red..

after painting, you can see how nice the prop and rudder..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:01 pm »

actually, at beginning i fixed a 1000 RPM/Volt motor, rated at 275 watt..was doping a huge 8 Amps even at low speeds..then i realized the wastage of raw power..so i rewound the motor with thin wire, to my specs and got a very good optimum performance, rated at 3 Amps..and even with this set up can only open the throttle to 50%..
all structures are paper..later water proofed..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:20 pm »

shape of the super structure inspired from a magazine..but the colour, and final shaping is inspired from a TV programme, came in NGC..because of the fastness of intended craft i streamlined the nose section to a sharp one, with a comparatively deep V..worked well..even at high throttle she is far stable.. 

can see application of NC putty all over the structure..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:56 pm »

after full work start painting..it took about 100 ml paint, in PU, and the color was intense golden yellow..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »

Radio for this craft was a MHz based one, rated at 35 MHz..so, all we know such a radio need a long cumbersome antenna..so, we instantly thinks about powering the TX, ignoring about the power of RF above 1.2 watt..at 3 watt such hand held TX can stop a pacemaker almost..and prolonged exposure to such 3or 4 watt TX invites great dangers...gradually such exposure affects brain cells, and it triggers lack of brain co ordination, depression, head ache, later, diplopia,  wrong gait..and many serious mal functions..so, a radio shielding vest is a must..and not feasible to operate such powerful radios in hand held mode..surely must use it all with antenna system with counter poise..so, can we sit in vain because of that..? who..? never..must find a remedy in long usage..so, its too safe to add a flange/ cage antenna as tuned resonant, with an input booster..can make simply with hand held components..can alter frequency to our needs, can calibrate the out put with a a hand made field strength meter..
so, can see the simple set up..a flange antenna..and a tuner amp with frequency tuner..its designed for 26 MHz to 200 MHz almost..and i sliced the wire of antenna of RX, and soldered it to the out put of the booster amp..result..infinite range.. :thumbsup:

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:30:25 pm »

the winch was made of paper and paper rolls..the cable is by a sewing thread and painted in metallic black..

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

and in water..she is so stable..and immensely powerful..see how nice she is..after seeing a video, in YouTube, the link was given by one of my Friend, i added some led weights about it's centre axis..so, it became more stable in water..and a gyro from a scraped heli also used for a keen directional stability..

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

looks stunning.. :-)) :-)) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:38 pm »

once again i am thanking to thermocol..she is so light..in weight despite her's size..she spans in to 30 inches, and wides 8 inchss..so,  AUW is 855 grams..
and flies over water..

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »

Friends..once again..look how easy to make a stunning and amazingly powerful craft..  :-)) :-)) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »

sure..see the day time video here..and add night time video later..because i must reach home before night, of a little health problem..hi..hi..  :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZlLj7GISzI
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.