Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wells Fargo....the mail must get through?  (Read 1283 times)

Patrick Henry

Wells Fargo....the mail must get through?
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:49:30 pm »

How about this then?

On the 23/12 last year I bought an item from an AMS/Mayhem member who lives in Hull for £30...he doesn't use paypal, so I sent 3 x £10 notes in a jiffy bag, via recorded/signed for delivery, and posted it on the 24/12.

We knew it wouldn't get there for a good few days, so neither of us panicked. Mid January...still hadn't arrived, so I checked with the Post Office tracking service...'the item was still in the system awaiting delivery'. Fair enough...so we waited some more. And we waited some more...

End of January, the envelope still hadn't arrived, so once more I contact the Post Office....'the item was still in the system awaiting delivery'. They did tell me however, that I would be entitled to compensation if it didn't arrive...a handful of first class stamps. So we waited some more. And then we waited some more...

I should add here that the guy I bought the item from is a good friend, so there was no problems with the cash not arriving, but I was getting miffed that it hadn't. So we waited some more...

I had a text message from my mate this morning..."Guess what's just turned up in the post this morning? In perfect condition, no damage, no signs of tampering...one jiffy bag containing 3 x £10 notes..."

I don't know whether to be miffed off that it took so long, or well pleased that the PO delivered it!

Rich

Oh, and I've just checked with the Post Office tracking service...'the item is still in the system awaiting delivery.....'

TailUK

Re: Wells Fargo....the mail must get through?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »

The PO is always "all or nothing" I've sent stuff second class and it's arrived the following morning and I sent stuff first class parcel and it's taken weeks.  I think that certain parcels are kept back becaause they are exactly the right size and weight for the sorting office volleyball league, at least thats how the parcels look when they finally arrive.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

O0 It does make you wonder though...I'd love to know where it's been all this time.

Rich

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:57:45 am »

At the post office, LOL Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.