Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V 32 and V 12 (Footy) RC Yacht Kits  (Read 4738 times)

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
V 32 and V 12 (Footy) RC Yacht Kits
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »

I recently purchased two kits manufactured by Victor Model Products - the first boat is a V 12 or "Footy" class boat, the other is a V 32 (32" ) The company has been around for years and quite well know here in the U.S.

The kits are very inexpensive and very straight forward to assemble. I must say after building two Graupner Micro Magic's last year, this boats were a breeze to put together. The parts all fit properly, and required no gap filling between the deck and hull as did the MMs.

The Footy is just a fun boat to play around with on those days when there is very little breeze. The V 32 is a very capable boat and can handle a wide range of wind conditions. I would recommend these kits to new comers or more advanced sailors.

Not sure if any of you chaps are familiar with these boats but thought it might be of interest to share them with you. This is link to the company's web site http://www.victor-model.com/
The pictures below show the boats and the electronics bay of each boat.
Winchaser

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: V 32 and V 12 (Footy) RC Yacht Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:22 am »

At little more information on Victor Model Boats - All of their models (about 12 different models) are fabricated from Hi-impact polystyrene, select woods and high quality sail materials. The hull, deck, keel and miscellaneous components are precision molded plastic and are completely trimmed to size and shape for rapid and accurate assembly. Masts are made from Basswood or maple and require only minor sanding before finishing. Sails are sewn from the highest quality sail materials and are completely finished and ready for installation. Each kit contains a complete hardware package. Stainless steel wire is used for rigging the larger models while Dacron line is used for the smaller models. Easy to follow, detailed assembly instructions help the builder  through assembly, finishing, rigging, radio installation, and on to your first launch. The complete kits include everything required to finish the models except glue, paint and liquids such as resin or epoxies. The keel configuration on some of the kits includes an assembled keel bulb ready to fill with lead shot, which is also included.

Specifications:
Footy  - Weight 4lbs Height 33 3/4" Length 12" Beam 5.92" Sail Area 131 sq in.
V 32 -   Weight 6lbs Height  51"      Length 32" Beam 8"     Sail Area 435 sq in.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:17:25 am »

I also think the V32 might be a racing class.

I have another Victor Models boat (Mary J Ward). It is also a nice model that looks the part and does the biz.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:44 am »

The black hulled one looks nice
Is it a V32 and does it have
Carbon Fibre spars?
I like the V32 but I'm not
into wooden spars if I can use C/F

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

exvtop

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »

That's an incredible weight for a Footy - 4lbs - although that's what it says on their website.
Does yours really weigh that much?
My Kittiwake is less than 1lb (430 grams) all in, ready to sail.

Mike

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »

That's an incredible weight for a Footy - 4lbs - although that's what it says on their website.

Mike

Mike
I have not actually put mine on a scale. I am in the middle of moving to a new home, but once we get settled and I find my digital scale, I will get an accurate weight on it.

Ned
The black V32 does have CF a mast and booms and few other nice upgrades. I am not keen on the wood, but they work fine. Since these are a AYMA one design racing class, if you are into racing them, they must remain stock.

Found a few more pictures to share:

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »

Mike

Mike,
Sorry about the delay in responding to you with the actual weight of the Footy - you can go to this link to read the factory's spec's which confirm the boat's weight at 4 lbs.  Here is that link: http://www.victor-model.com/products/v-12-a  4 lbs. does seem a little heavy, but the boat sails well regardless. I recently made the decision to sell my Footy to make room for another V 32 - Found I wasn't using my "Footy" enough -preferred sailing the larger boats.

Victor Models has some nice kit boats at reasonable prices - worth a look at their web site. Posted a few photos of my newest V 32. The wooden deck on this kit  turned out particularly well  :-))
 Boomer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.