Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a simple Boat, and RCyit in three hours..  (Read 5615 times)

rathikrishna

Make a simple Boat, and RCyit in three hours..
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »

Modellers..there must not be anyone, who not likes to RC a boat him or herself..but when we thinks about a rc boat, it starts from some kits..the kit employs,many parts, and took lots of works..so, we collects kit, start on a weekend, and goes on for a very long time..while dreaming in mind, about the craft, Rcying it..so, most of us always stays away, from modelling, because of the manhours and toughness to build it..but, if we can make a boat, not mere, but a stunning in look, and extreme in performance..within a very short time..it will be a nice thing ever..so, i was getting lots of requests to add an article, about a simple boat to build..so, this one is a key, can make in to any size, but adding three templates, all drawn in A3 paper, so can glue the template on a A3 paper, and can follow simple steps, and within 20 minutes you can make this simple hull, and can RCyit, within a three hours of work, if you use a quick drying NC based paint..so cool..and simple..all with foam boards...

here is the full templates of the boat..when finished it will be in, 14 inch long, and 5 inch wide..

rathikrishna

Re: Make a simple Boat, and RCyit in three hours..
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:54:31 pm »

the thirdth template..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:57:32 pm »

we can see all needed parts are simpler, and not used any bulkheads on..
now start to cut the deck sheet at first..can transfer the drawing with a simple pencil..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:59:51 pm »

we can use 3, or 4 mm thick foam board for this but i prefer a 3 mm sheet..
cut the transom and side sheets..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »

glue in transom..you can cut out a 3mm on each side of the transom, to conceal the side sheets well inside..
stick on the side sheets..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:08:41 pm »

add the reinforcing piece on..and glue the bottom..at this stage, you can see a gap in between the bottom sheets..this can be eliminate simply in drawing..but i strongly recomend to leave this gap as it is..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

cut two thin strips from foam board, and glue it at centre line..this acts as a reinforcement, while also acts as a splash guide..
now the hull is almost ready..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 04:16:37 pm »

dilute some NC putty with NC thinner..pour inside the hull and shake all the while, as the diluted putty covers all edges..
now add a simple prop tube..made from ball point pen body and brass bushings..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

add the lift ridges ..it will help to reduce drag on water..
now its complete..you can see the natural nose up attitude of the hull, it came automatically because of the flexibility of foam board..

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

now time to add the motor..we can add any motor, or gear box..but here i took a motor from a CD drive, and reworked for 6 volts 2 amps, in delta..the motor weighs only 12 grams..and its too tiny, but much powerful than a EP 400...and no load current is 700 mA, while load current is 2.3 Amps..but with a high power needed...

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »

rework..add wires..no need any thick gauge wires as this motor drops a less current..at load..

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:34:06 pm »

attach a 4 mm bicycle spoke nipple on motor shaft..with a cross drilled hole..
and add a rudder control tube with brass tube, copper tube, or even with a ball point pen refill..

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 04:38:29 pm »

make sure the positions all over the tubes..seal it all with epoxy glue..
time to fix motor..once again..can use any motor..but i am using this CD drive motor because of the light weight, immense power, but never heats up..no special metal frames or anything needed..just glued on a piece of foam board..this makes boat making even more simple..

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »

add rudder servo..can use a circular flange from a servo arm kit..a micro servo is far enough..
add a rudder plate like this..a bigger surface gives us a instant control..and can add any prop, of you..here for simplicity, i fixed a prop from a ship kit..

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

now..our boat is ready..you can use it as a bare hull..or can add any type of super structure..on it..for an example..here..

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:47:43 pm »

or these types..

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 04:50:13 pm »

or these..

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »

this time, my line of model boats, lacks a lobster boat..so, i decided to finish this as my new lobster boat..so, adding the hold net box at rear end..all foam board and aluminum nets..

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

all super structure works are based on laminated papers..you can simply sue 2 or 3 mm foam board for this same purpose..all cool..
here my lobster boat is taking shape on the same hull..

rathikrishna

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 05:01:00 pm »

rear view..the craft is proportioned for a good balance and stability..from my experiences..
now paint it with intended colors..

will she performs well..? up to expectations..?

rathikrishna

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »

Once again..the above templates are only a key..you can increase the size to any , by adding it to any apropriate software, and can print in big papers for bigger crafts..for bigger crafts please use 4 mm sheets..this boat costs about 120 Rs..when finished..with painting..to me paint costs about 30 Rs/- so, now the checkout time..she is so stable and agile..even at high speeds she is so stable..but light..

rathikrishna

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »

now in water..look..once..how simple to make one..i took about 2 hours to complete this one..with some coffee..and noodles..she wrooms as the powerful motor pumps her in a violant speeds..

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

now..lights on..all used L E D s are 4.5 volt based..you can use ordinary bulbs, but remember..it eats battery fast..

rathikrishna

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »

Friends..we can use this hull as a bare hull for expiriments, or as a scow, or for a row boat, as a pleasure craft, as a spped boat, a Police boat, a Patrol boat, luxury boat, fishing trwler, shrimp boat, work boat....and on and on..
now, the video time..sure..i got gokul today..so good videos..hands free as Gokul RCs her..the video taken about 4/1 of total throttle..the maximum feasible throttle level is just under half..motor is far powerful, at 1.8 amps..so, about half throttle, the craft starts to pounds in water..because of light weight..i added nothing for ballast..but the weight of 1800 ma/H battery is nothing to her..as the foam board bouyant itself..so..cooool boat..
i gave her name as LOBSTREEA..is my lobster boat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnISI7u157Y

gwa84

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 03:10:06 am »

verry good  :-)) whats the product you used to cover the foam bourd with ?  :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.