Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my MILKOOSSA..the PEDAL BOAT..  (Read 5316 times)

rathikrishna

its my MILKOOSSA..the PEDAL BOAT..
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »

Friends..Colleagues..this is my new pedal boat..and i made this boat, because of a intense inspiration, from an old painful memory..that the mental pain never retreats untill death..its a haunting memory to me..last days i got Gokul with me, as his exams over..so, i took him with my scooter to wander all over..and reached a place near River Mahe, the place once i grown..my first grand home was here, and i grown up to age of 5 here..then my Papa, Dr Ramakrishnan Keeriyaat,  took us to new home, after his fellow ship, from London. to me, the new home was a hatred place..no, river..no wind..no plants and paddys..no parrots..and at old home, we wern't alone, as there were many family members as, elder and younger sisters of my Mom, Uncles, lots of siblings..clearly was a lost..to me..but, as i grown, i used to visit the old home, untill my marriage..from there, from the coconut field, i wrote many proses, and poems, because of the immense inspiration induced by the mother nature..one of the coolest thing of my old home is chirping of birds, all the while..and rain..even now, i still clearly remember, the goodness of child hood..at eve, we, children, sat in front of a lamp, and enchants slokas..and good ness of well being..with family..all togather...
    so, i took Gokul to old home, last day, but the place is changed a lots..all good things are almost disappeared..all sandy river bank is paved with cement..but still holding some old good aspects..many changes..but one thing without change..the River itself..so, i sat under a coconut tree..once..so, automatically, felled in dreams..dreams about olden days..when i was a little boy, this place was my dream place, that i used to sit up here with elder brothers and sisters, while trying to catch, the "NJANDU" (crabs)..and making pulling vehicles with fallen tender coconuts, making boats with coconut tree parts...i have lots of sweet memories related to this place, but also haunting..
   some of the coolest, fascinating memories, was about a brahmin couple, who sells milk to houses and teashop, along with honey and jaggery..and they came in a black scow..
the other one was ballon man, who came in his red boat..with a bell..

rathikrishna

Re: its my MILKOOSSA..the PEDAL BOAT..
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 04:37:50 pm »

and one of the ever haunting memory is about a peculiar personality..and that personality became as a lamp of light in my academic years..this inspiration came to me as a fear at first..was a teacher, and to me, in my child hood, this teacher was a fearsome aspect, and i always ran with my life when i saw the silhoutte of her..she was from an Anglo Indian family, and started living near to our place, but at opposite side river..of my grand home..she was 6 feet tall, well built, and i never forget her's eyes as it always seems to shine like a marble..she was a blonde, and for us she was a wonder..and her voice was too loud and clear, and i was too afraid to look on her's face, as her's eyes were round, wide, with lots of kajol in it..she came to our ferry, to catch the bus, and leves the boat of her at the base, of our ferry..she always sells milk to the one and only tea shop, of us, while coming to us, in a boat, with blue colour, and i remember that the oars of the baot was a particular type..to me, in that age, she was a frightening scene..
        as days passed, my Papa, arranged a tution teacher for us children, for English, French, Maths and physics..this announcement made me a little sad, as i loses the evening time to play..soon, the teacher came home..and i was in a disbelief, that i saw in front of me..the teacher, who frightens me, sitting in front of me..i started to tremble in front of her..only one look..to her eyes..it was shining like a sun..and her voice became more intense to me..so, i ran with my life..but Mom caught me, to the court, and got well from Papa..so, very unwillingly..i also sat in front of her..but within hours, i realizes, that she was too kind, and inspiring, despite hers massive appearence..so, within days, she became as a family member in my home..and her name was Susan, and my Cheriyamma, (mother's younger sister) called her as milky susan..she was the same age of my mother..

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 04:50:06 pm »

later she bacame the lamp of knowledge among us, and her coaching made us all well educated..and i became more excellent in language English, because of her..later she left to Mumbai, as a lecturer in literature..so, i also grown with mother nature..to me, memory of her, is far inspiring..when i reached back to my native, in 2005, after my resignation, from my company, i asked to my Mom about her..the reply was too shocking..she was expired due to some liver problems..old..but, cant aprove the truth..i can still remember the ringing noise from her anklets..as she ties her boat to our ferry..and its all still clear her voice in my ears..by looking in to river, all bring sadness..and realizes that me also covered 80 % of my life span..once i will also vaish some where here..but still the river will flow..bearing all memories..while looking in to far point of river, i still sees the blue boat, with two heavy milk can in front of it, while an extra ordinary personality rows the boat to ferry..i can still remember the kloor kloor noise emits from hers oars..but now silent..horribly..i was merged in thoughts untill Gokul shouts..at home i decided to write a poem about her..but instantly realized, that a replica of her, will be more dedicating..so, i decided to make a model for her..while keeping all aspects in my memory..so, i decided to make one same boat with a peadling oars, as the pars of the boat was too extra ordinary..

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »

here..the river never changed..
but the surroundings changed a lots..the thatch paved shop is now tile paved..

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »

the goodness still available..here..the fresh hot milk..and puttu+ banana+sugar..extra ordinary recipe..
the coconut trees still here..once i used to hide here as i saw the teacher..

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 04:59:32 pm »

all coconut tress are grown too much..
and this is my place for to test the range of the radio sets..in air..or in water..spans about 2 kms..streach..

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »

Friends..all of my efforts to make this model is dedicated to my Teacher..who lighted up our knowledge to a high degree..

" Susauntie..this model is for you..i know, from somewhere in heaven, you may watching this..and the light you lighted in our life never falls off once..because the knowledge you shared us is rock solid..take my work for you along with my words.."

back home..i started with foam board..and made a template, while keeping the shape of her's peculier boat in mind..it was just like a leaf..
so, i drawn it as a leaf..

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

the structure is simple..but stronger than a balsa..
adding all parts one by one..

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:34 pm »

i completed it within 20 minutes..
it just became as a flat leaf...

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »

after completing the hull, my search goes for a doll, with a blonde hair..the search results shocked me, as i got this doll, within first glance..
i removed the figure, for adding atriculations..

rathikrishna

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

i added all joints..and one joit in elbow, as she always holds a big book to her chest..
gaps were filled with PU Builder..

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 05:21:41 pm »

the proportion of the boat and figure came exact accidently..she fits in the boat nicely..only then i realized the size is maching..
joining the pedals to shoes..

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 05:26:12 pm »

the gear pedal mechanism was made of a simple plastic gear box..the toy motor was reworked, and rebrushed, for the specs of 9 volts..to get more torque, without heating up..
now checkout with dress..at first i added this dress..but the skirt became too heavy..so, later changed with netty skirt..i am too thankful to my Elder Bhabiji, for the dress..

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:17 pm »

oars were made from foam board..later coloured as to the real boat of her..

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 05:31:30 pm »

almost complete..
and ready for the show..added the milk cans..

rathikrishna

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »

now in action..this picture reminds me, my child hood..unmached momories..

rathikrishna

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 05:37:26 pm »

Friends..making a rowing  boat is far easy..and making a pedal boat..also..i will also make a new rowing boat in memory of her..here she is reincarnated..the view, once i saw in real is reincarnated in my pool..its an awesome experience..

rathikrishna

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »

yes sure..the first video here...looks how real she is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ziz1peN3i0

rathikrishna

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

the second video..i placed an MP3 player in the boat..and i hope, the 16 mm projector film collection of my Papa, holds the real voice  and moving picture of my Teacher..in somewhere..i will make the progector, works, its an old one from Honeywell, and will rerecord it in to a DVD format..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhmR1x8sNA8

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 07:08:49 pm »

Krishna

Thank you for sharing the light of your childhood memories.
No matter how long ago or far away we keep our ties to the past.
I was 49 before I met a great teacher - he inspired me and gave me
the belief to succeed in my degree.

Susan is a form of the name Susanna, and derives originally from the
Middle Egyptian "sšn" meaning Lotus flower. Maybe she should have
a Lotus symbol?

Dave

kiwi

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 07:26:14 pm »

Krishna,
What a magic wee boat, and your memories of your childhood bring back my own fond memories of mine. Different country, different time, but as poignant for me as yours is for you. I didn't find my teacher until high school at 13.
Thank you
kiwi

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

Thank you for that Krishna, inspirational as ever .  :-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

rathikrishna

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 05:00:17 am »

Good morning all..Norse..you are true..her's full name is Sussanna Jestine..i asked more about her to Mom, but my Mom started crying while talking about her..so i stopped..she has two more siblings, one is younger to her, again a teacher, named Rachel jestine..and one younger brother, named Jackson..he taught me lots of keyboard chords and notes..no idea where all are now..and a million thanks for the great explanation about the name..will add a lotus on the boat..

Kiwi..you may feel some thing wrong about me..now..people always considers me as a mad guy..but memories and involvements are too great in life..at present, i always get sad, while i watches my MOM..now she is too old..and i still remember her's younger age, as she tooks me on her..its sad, because its all un imaginable, that all we will face such a old age factors..wrinkles..drooping..and all muscles goes in to loose masses..no..no..sorry..but still mind wander behind child hood things..inspires..

Mike, i know among us, i am only a simple builder..a million thanks for the inspiration..have a nice day you all.. :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.