Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benghazi War Grave Desecration  (Read 3162 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Benghazi War Grave Desecration
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »

I cannot believe the pictures I have just seen on the news,regarding the destuction of some 200 War Graves in Benghazi,Libya. What an insult to their fellow man, who gave their lives to give them the freedom they now enjoy. Why do we ever bother to come to the assistance of scum like this.Although the local government say those involved will be brought to justice,can we really believe that will happen.
What a world we have now created.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Benghazi War Grave Desecration
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:26:55 pm »

Plenty of examples in this country too though with war memorials being desecrated for the metal value of their plaques, lifeboats being damaged or robbed of their fittings and idiot students swinging from the Centotaph. Plus there were those US Marines relieving themselves over Taleban corpses.

Human nature is universal and a lot of it isn't very pretty.

Colin

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54:29 pm »

Not much to say. Colin has summed it up. Still sad. Lets hope that in the future we can restore rhe Graves. John.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 07:17:28 pm »

Hello

I was some time at Benghazi but I also payed a visit at Tobrouk and also Bir Hakeim (free french army victory vs Afrika Korps) and in all these places I've always seen people very concerned, aware and respectful about the WW2 past, cemetery and memorials.   As Colin said it's happen also in UK and France or the US forces in Iraq or Afghanistan ...

On the same idea, what do you think about Pharao mummy in museum : what kind of respect we have for these people who believed in a second life in well prepared pyramid stone palace. Now they are in a glass aquarium at London or Paris !

Xtian 

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:50:48 pm »

On the same idea, what do you think about Pharao mummy in museum : what kind of respect we have for these people who believed in a second life in well prepared pyramid stone palace. Now they are in a glass aquarium at London or Paris !

They are probably safer there than they were in their own country where they were subject to organised grave robbing throughout history. Many of the Pharoahs lie in a special room in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo where they are treated with great respect although they are on public view. (Although the current population did try to burn the museum down recently....)

But then again many countries recycle their cemeteries when they become full. The dead only retain respect as long as there are people living who have a cultural connection with them or share the same belief system. Even then, as time passes the respect becomes progressively more nominal than heartfelt.

If you 'buy' a burial plot these days, you are actually only renting it for a period of 70 years because after that time, unless you happened to be famous, it is unlikely than anyone will remember you.

Enjoy life while you can, you only get one shot at it and it doesn't really last very long.

So little time, so many boats to build.

Cheerful thought for the day!

Colin

mickyrubble

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »

Hi,
 if the Nazis had won in Libya,would these scum would have been sent to the concentration camps years ago .
 <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-(

omra85

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:34 pm »

I was surprised to see that the group of vandals were heavily armed but had no uniforms.
Oh, maybe these are the "freedom fighters" that the wicked government are trying to unjustly put down??
Hmmm!

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

and did the Mummys die fighting for someone elses country? I think not!

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

We've had activists dig up and steal a grandparents body of a person they objected to.

Such acts only achieve the alienation of people who might have otherwise supported their causes.

No respect for others (and I think especially 'different' others) often stems from lacking self respect.

Dave

knoby

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 10:42:23 pm »

looks like a propaganda stunt to discredit the activists to me.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »

The common factor to a lot of the actions mentioned above is that they are carried out by hot headed young males. Youths of this age are very susceptible to being led to support 'causes' or to get caught up in criminal acts such as the London riots last year.

Irrational young males who combine physical strength with an inability to think straight and to distinguish right from wrong are a universal problem and recent research indicates that it is because their brains are not properly wired up until they reach their early 20s. That is why societies often use systems like conscription to channel and control these urges until they have ceased to be a danger to the public at large. In the UK the most obvious manifestation is when the pubs close on Saturday nights.

It is also the reason why they are easily manipulated by older people to fight wars or engage in sucicide bombings etc.

Colin

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »

Hi Knoby

Not sure if you meant my post - but here's the BBC item
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4762481.stm

Not all men either, just as the scenes of Sat' nights drunken violence is often women

Regards Dave

knoby

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 11:07:57 pm »

no, i wasn't referring to anyones post. just after watching it i cant help think its all a little to convenient. A group of people go to desecrate war graves , video it & release it to the worlds press, just when the Syrian government need to shift world opinion in their favour. thats all i meant.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 11:15:29 pm »

Sorry, but what has the Syrian Government got to do with events in Libya?

Colin

knoby

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:22:27 pm »

:embarrassed: sorry bit of sa slip there

tassie48

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:10 am »

just low life oxygen thieves real shame that the dead can not rest in piece if  someone did that to them the up cry we will never hear the end of it .tassie48

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:03 am »

When I die I will be cremated & my ashes will be taken to two locations, one a water fall that stirs my soul & the other place is in Yellowstone in a stream where I spread the ashes of the best dog I or anyone ever had. Nobody can mess with that. Mick B.
Mick B.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:19 pm »

and did the Mummys die fighting for someone elses country? I think not!
  Do you think we have to respect only war military graves ?  I think we have to respect anybody and mainly the last wish   

Like you Irishcarguy when die I asked to be cremated and my ashes will be dispersed at sea ... no way to be disrespectful with my choice, showing my body in a museum or destroying my grave

Xtian

ZZ56

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:23 pm »

Another fantastic result from Team Regime Change!  Boy it sure is a good thing that mean ol' Ghaddafi isn't around to lay down the law!  

Then again, i think the spirits of the deceased might be more incensed with the moral relativism in this thread.  Debasing an entire cemetary with purpose is the same as putting ancient human remains on display to educate people about the past?

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

I am hoping to spread my body parts all over the place when I die .......
Won't need that heart, liver, kidneys, corneas, etc ........ somebody else will though.
Respect the living and be an organ donor.

Cremate the rest and annoy my son. Only inherits if he spreads my ashes on top of
Helvellyn at dawn ....he'll have to get up early and move  his lazy backside for once {-)

Dave

More Coffee

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:40 pm »

I saw it,I don't like it ..

Why dis the countries that got rid of a two mad men ,Hitler and Gaddafi..

Hope the markers get repaired on libya's dime.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:32 am »

Hi Dave I want your brain it seems to work well & I can do with all the help I can get. LOL. On the subject of the graves, why do we continue to help & give aid to these kinds of people when we already know what our fate would be if they had the chance. We should be making every effort to look after our own & let the rest stew in their own juice. There is trouble the world over, In the last few days it has come to light here in Canada that the present government has been caught using voter suppression tactics (illegal) trying to win the last election, in which they gained a majority by what is now believed to be dirty tricks borrowed from the U S Republicans, 33,000 complaints & counting. What did all those Canadian men & women die for in two World wars if not a free & democratic country, it never seems to end anymore. Mick B.
Mick B.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:25 am »

No doubt Lybia will pay compensation in oil.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:58 pm »

a free & democratic country

Hi Mick re Brain - can you collect it mate? I have often thought I would be happier if I didn't think so much  O0

Freedom and Democracy are wonderful concepts but the versions we live under are products of the politicians
legerdemain. It might not be Gadafiland here but it is a place where the state uses the security forces for purely
political ends with it's own citizens, yet seem completely unable to deal with illegal or undesireable aliens that
need deporting.

Citizen is a great word; 'owing loyalty to and entitled to the protection of a state' it's something we should
all aspire to be in a democracy but I think those in power equate the word with 'herd' and see themseles above it.

Dave

Latest Conspiracy Theory - one of the moderators isn't working for the security services.  O0 {-)

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 02:19:49 pm »

Hello

I've been in Libya for months. Working there alone as foreigner with Libyan people (Libyan Arab Airline with Airbus leasing aircraft) Believe me or not this kind of countries and people are for some point more human than ours, and what means democracy what means freedom : credit crunch and people out of house per million ?  a bank and money democracy ? The right to vote for a what ?

I'm sorry to say that, I'm a real traveller spending 3 years in Yemen, years in Bangladesh, Sudan, Armenia, Libya, Russia/Siberia but also Australia, USA, Canada, UK and many more. Most of the time fully integrated with local people and local life - not a tourist.

When a country thing to be able to give lesson to other it's the beginning of the end.  When people of countries like Libya or other are speaking about what we do with our elderly people or mentaly disturbed people and compare with what they do, it's a shame to be from western country.  About politician I met myself Gaddafi, this man was just crazy... But he gave me 800 us dollar for tip  ;D Yep it's true !  But I also met some other "great people" of our western country... politicians are just like prostitute giving something and image to be re-elected, it's impressive to be in airplane and off the show.   I can't give you example here but it's impressive ... And how some countries are black listed and other are "friends" only because of money, oil or other.

From my experience, only northern "small" countries politicians are "human". And about people, all are not like us but not worst or better. One thing is equal everywhere with same percentage : A large part are "normal" some are "stupid", few are just so good and on the opposite few are seed of madness and power over others, with weapon, money or vote. 

Xtian 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.