Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIBUTE BANDS  (Read 1928 times)

nhp651

TRIBUTE BANDS
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »

If any of you guys/gals out there like Pink Floyd......

go and see the "Australian Pink Floyd" tribute band.........I've just come back from Preston having seen them perform for 2hours 40 minutes and they were just brilliant...well worth the 30 sobs I paid for the ticket......superb entertainment. O0 O0 :-)) :-)) :-))
neil.

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TRIBUTE BANDS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:24:54 pm »

Hi Neil, I've seen them four times in UK, and once here in Vienna. As you say, brilliant!
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:25:11 pm »

Another brick in the ballast then....

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:41:24 am »

I have seen them three times, very very good, I was lucky enough to see the real Pink Floyd on the 'Dark side of the moon' tour many moons ago, and the tribute band are so good its hard to tell the difference.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Patrick Henry

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:50:09 am »

I've seen The Floyd eighteen times since they first started playing together, but when adopted daughter suggested we go to see 'Think Floyd' in Eastbourne I admit I was very sceptical...I needn't have been , they were absolutely superb. Their version of "Echoes" was practically note for note, and 'Comfortably Numb' brought them a standing ovation.

I don't normally do tribute bands, but these guys are definitely on my "go see them again" list.

Rich

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:58:38 am »

Saw the real Pink Floyd at the Winter  Gardens Blackpool, years and years ago, at a "works do"

They were producing a bubble effect by playing a blow lamp on a slide of coloured water/oil and projecting it, quite basic!!!!

Never like the idea of tribute bands, a bit like making ESCs and calling them a tribute to Action.....

ACTion

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

Our webman Huw does the stage crewing at Rock City and tells of one evening when a Thin Lizzy tribute band were on in the packed main hall................while about 100 people were downstairs watching the real band - well, what passes for it these days (with John Sykes on lead guitar and vocals). Strange times. RIP Phil Lynott and Gary Moore.

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:36 am »

Te Australian pink floyd were the wedding band at Dave gilmore's wedding to polly Samson. I've seen both over the years and hopefully I'll get to see the Aussies again soon.
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

Nige52

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »

Darkside are another Pink Floyd tribute based in Wolverhampton, the band is fronted by my mate Andy and they ain't half bad either.....

Have a gander at one of their gigs...

ok2

MikeA

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »

went to see australian pink floyd with me dad last year, best tribute band ive ever seen. Its almost as good as the record, the sound and mixing quality was superb which is what brings a lot of tribute bands down.

deadbeat

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »

I first saw Pink Floyd in the Guildhall Portsmouth in pre 'Dark Side' days playing tarcks from ummagumma, etc and then in Bristol Colston Hall when they played Atom Heart Mother and then in Empire Pool Wembley for Dark Side of the Moon. These days even the tribute bands are too big to play the Guildhall Portsmouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.