Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Boat mast set up question!!  (Read 1909 times)

Lash151

Fishing Boat mast set up question!!
« on: March 10, 2012, 01:44:36 pm »

Hi... I am really going to show my ignorance now!!  I am scratch building a Chesapeake Buyboat (sorta fishing boat) and I am working from photographs. These boats were built in the 1920s-30s and were diesel. The problem is, I can't find any close ups of how the mast works... I don't even know how to explain this!! What I mean is, the way the 'cross beam' hoist bit attaches to the mast and how it is rigged to lift stuff on and off the boat... Sorry for the 'rubbish' explanation... I have attached a pic of the real thing. Has anyone got any pics of the type of thing or drawings that show how the setup works?... thanks in advance!  Lee

Incidentally, all these boats were made differently, so there are no two the same... so I only need an approximate idea of the way it works!

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Fishing Boat mast set up question!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:48:31 pm »

Its called a gooseneck. Take a look at this page and follow some of the links.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?page=search&PR=-1&TB=A&SS=gooseneck&ACTION=quick+search

Hope this helps,

Barrie

Lash151

Re: Fishing Boat mast set up question!!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:21 pm »

Ahh... thats brilliant, thank you. I am putting in an order with them next week anyway.  I am not sure about the rigging either!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.