Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: giro modded to leveler for sub  (Read 2624 times)

sub john

giro modded to leveler for sub
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:53 am »

first picture is of the giro in its case it is 27mm x 27mm x 8mm deep

this is a picture of the back of the PCB board

this is a picture of the front of the PCB unit can be plugged into Rx so you can take manual controlle of the back hydroplanes bottom left hand corner of the PCB board new sensor has been fitted unit also has to have two smd components changed but it makes for a very cheap unit and seems to work well

Davy1

Re: giro modded to leveler for sub
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

Could I just back up what John is saying.

I have several now, which John has modded for me. (I helped specify the accelerometer and tried it out in my ORP Dzik a couple of weeks ago. Report is on AMS forum.)

Very neat and low cost - contact John for further details etc. etc.

David

thegrimreaper

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »

David could you post a link I have looked on the AMS site and cant find it anywhere cheers

Regards Mark

Davy1

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:56:22 am »

Here it is, Mark. Sorry it was a bit tucked away in there.

http://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t612-rc-drift-stabilizer-for-cars

David

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

I'm wondering what are all the resistors are for on the underside of that board, seem to be a shedload of them!

sub john

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »

HI Subculture
    The unit works very smooth as i have noticed on a few of these levelers  that they seem to suffer from twitching from the servo connected to it but this unit does not seem to have that problem unit is very small and should not be a problem to fit inside a small sub i know Davy has tested one of the units in a sub and it works fine.

I have just been playing with another Giro this one you can plug one of the  plug on it in to the receiver and change the gain of the leveler from the transmitter as well as take manual control of back hydroplanes have finished playing with it and it all works now, i would think that most of the Giro's out there that people have got scraped laying around for what ever reason could be made in to levelers as it is not rocket science but pretty straight forward to rework them.
     Sub John

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:56:16 pm »

I use levellers from Microgyros, and have always found they're really smooth, no twitching etc. The latest models are super tiny, about the size of a servo plug, and the price is very reasonable!

Accelerometer chips are certainly very cheap these days. I remember the first ones cost about £20 each, now they're about a pound or two, less if purchased in quantity.

thegrimreaper

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 09:41:58 am »

Ahh so I made a good choice in choosing Microgyro levelers then ordered 2 from mike last night. One for the Vanguard and the other for the Trafalgar when I get her started they were a lot cheaper than the last one I got from the phillipeans for the Akula

Mark.

Davy1

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:04 am »

Yes, I think that one way or another you should be getting more reasonable prices for level controllers. They have been a bit pricey and hard to source.

David

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:51:55 am »

Good stuff, you'll find it has a few extra features than the Subtech unit, some of which are unique, and useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.