Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fenders  (Read 2478 times)

Stavros

Fenders
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:51:51 pm »

Rught well I could not get boat fenders anywhere,yes I know you can get tyres but they would not look right on a yaught or an old fashoned cabin cruser would they.It came to me in one of those rare insperational moments,get a piece of balsa dowel of the appropreate size,sand down to size,insert a loop of brass rod formed to make a loop in one end and push into the dowel and glue.Seal the newly manufactered fender and paint to colour of your choice and hang on your model.I took me half an hour to make 10 for my sea queen tonight .Stavros

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Fenders
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:10:42 am »

Stavros

I'd be interested to hear how your fenders stand up to the odd knock. I've use a 'knitted' one for my tug bow and it seems to absorb knocks OK. I didn't put any on the sea queen but used a rubber strip around the deck line. This looks OK but is a bit small for real protection.

Cheers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Craig Kane

• Full Mayhemer
  • Once a model boater, always a model boater!
Re: Fenders
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 07:00:36 pm »

I made fenders for the bow, stern and sides of my son's Carlson tug out of old car wiper blade rubber.

Secured to the hull with Araldite, they have stayed put for nearly 3 years despite his best efforts to remove them by scraping them on the edge of the pond.

CK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.