Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast electric project  (Read 2412 times)

Flash22

Fast electric project
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:03:41 am »

Bought this second hand off another forum as i wanted something todo now i have my hobao hyper 7 buggy finished

Heres the base for the project a Hobbyking Piranha 600 (670mm) that needs some work

And after a strip down and decal removal

The boats going to get repainted after the bad bits are repaired

Spider Cracks in the gel coat on the cowl

Missing gel coat on the cowl edge

Spider cracks on the hull

Got some parts ordered up tonite for a dry build then rip it all back to prep and paint it

gwa84

Re: Fast electric project
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »

cool should go well with that motor in it ive got one in a symelr sized boat running on 3s lipo and she certainly don't hang about

Flash22

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:13:19 am »

got a water cooled motor mount and servo mount to go in, tbh i dont like the motor, had the dremmel out yesturday and sorted out the bad bits, is all repaired just got tobe flatted off ready for paint after the fibreglass has cured

Flash22

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:59 pm »

filled and flattted the bad bits today after putting the mounts in last night (still need glassing in)

Now for the expensive bits a new esc and brushless motor when the bank manager lets me, got the paint and stuff so that can be done more pics to follow if anyones intrested

Flash22

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

ordered a motor and esc but its over kill imho, stock motor pulls 41a max and is a 2858 2881kv running on a 50 amp esc (piece of tat tho) what i ordered is a 3658 2700kv what pulls 90 amp max and a 180 amp esc  %% %% {-)

anyhoo is in primer and the final filling is done, the new mounts are glassed in place too, not sure on the colour(s) yet i have some nice 2k paint in a few colours if not i will get a 1/4 of a litre mixed at the local paint shop

gwa84

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:29:21 pm »

looking good  :-))

AlanP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 10:37:02 pm »

Hows the boat doing Flash?

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 23 queries.