Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Postage charges after 30 April  (Read 1311 times)

ACTion

Postage charges after 30 April
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »

I have had a sneak preview of the small packets rates which will apply from 30 April. If you thought that a 30% increase in First Class letters was steep then how about the new price of a small packet <100g sent within the UK? Today it will cost you £1.58 but after 30 April it will be £2.70.................that's a 70% increase. In fact, all small packets up to 750g* will cost £2.70 and for those between 751 and 1Kg the cost will be £4.30 c/w £3.71 today. (* Except large letters). I shudder to think how much the European and Export postage prices will increase............
As a business we have absorbed every increase in postal charges since we started but I'm afraid we'll have to increase our charges now or we'll be losing on every item we post. It doesn't help that businesses have to add 20% VAT to postal charges before they pass them on to UK and EU customers, either.
Don't blame the postman. The blame lies squarely with lousy Royal Mail managers and greedy politicians who want to sell it off to the Dutch Post Office or whoever. You and I are simply paying the cost of fattening it up and, of course, continuing to pay the pensions of current and future  Royal Mail pensioners. Happy?
You heard it on Mayhem first.
DM

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Postage charges after 30 April
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:34:08 am »

That's pretty steep! A quick in the head calculation means that they are more than Finnish domestic postal prices, which are one of the Highest in Europe
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Postage charges after 30 April
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:26:49 pm »

What I find most annoying with Royal Mail,is they sell a small jiffy bag for 50p,which when empty is 3mm thick but when i come to post it,having just put a piece of paper in it, it will not fit through the P.O.s regulation 2mm slot that they have behind the counter, It then inccurs a large packet price,..What a rip off!
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.